Chapter 8

Tony stared at the desperate Sketch on his lap.
"Y-you... love me?"
Tony couldn't brush it off his mind now that Sketchbook's confessed her feelings already.
"Yes!"
She really wouldn't deny it.
"Because it feels painful, having to keep it inside for the whole time!" Sketchbook said.
"Sketch?"
"Hm?"
"I love you too."
Sketch was taken aback.
She started quivering.
"Maybe you're just saying that because you don't want to hurt my feelings,", Sketch said, her voice wobbly.
"Don't you dare cry on me again! Sketch, I really love you. I loved you the second our eyes met. I enjoy being with you. I love seeing you smile."
Tony let Sketch hold onto his hand.
Sketch hugged Tony tighter than before, her little stick arms wrapping around him.
Tony hugged her back warmly. The air somehow felt good.
He heard Sketch sobbing again.
"Tony...."
Sketch gulped down her breath.
"What if I don't deserve love?"
Tony hugged her tighter.
"You do. You deserve to be loved. Now quit sobbing. I love you, and I want you to know that."
"Tony, why am I sad even though I'm supposed to be happy?"
"It's because of your mixed feelings. Don't worry, I'm here. You can cry all you like. Cry on my face, if you prefer that."
Sketchbook giggled and hugged him the tightest she could manage.
"Is this ok?" she asked. She did not want Tony to feel uncomfortable with her.
"Yep."
They released each other.
Staring at each other's eyes.
"Sketch, do you see the stars?"
"Yep. They're so pretty!" she exclaimed, gazing towards the heavens. She've stopped sobbing.
"Not as beautiful as you are."
"Ehehehehehehe, stop it Tony!"
"Ok, fine, I will."
Sketch hopped down from his lap and pointed towards the house. "Can we go inside now? Pretty please?" she begged.
"Ahahahahahaha." Tony laughed, stood up, and grabbed Sketch. She squealed.
"Hey, don't hold me that tight, idiot! Baka!"
She mimicked the pink-haired girl she've seen in a visual novel.
"Oh. So now you're a tsundere?"
"Just quit the chatter and let's go inside already!"

They went inside the quiet house, reminiscing about every moment spent between them.
"Prepare your cult clothes", Tony said, carresing Sketchbook's face.
"Alright, I will!" she said excitedly.
"It's been a long day. Let's go to sleep; it's late. We need to be early tomorrow."
Tony shut the lights down and walked to the living room. He placed Sketch down on the sofa again.
"Good night", Tony whispered, planting a light kiss on her forehead.
"Good night to you too."