Chapter 6

Sketch was awakened by the sound of clinking. She looked around and felt soft cloth beneath her body. Looking below her, she almost gagged. The disgusting green sofa again.
She tried to move her body. But pain seared
throughout it. She just decided to stay put and wait for Tony. Although it was a bore.
Caressing her left arm with her right palm, she felt a sting jolt her. She recoiled, hissing like a viper.
Breathlessly, she unrolled the bandages covering her left arms with her right hand. Sketch did it carefully, since it did sting so much.
Those pictures were still carved on her arm. Sketch almost smiled, remembering the wave of pleasure that washed over her, even though it was painful.
"Sketch? You awake?" Tony called out from the dining room.
"Y-yes! I just need a little help here.... please?" she asked sweetly.
Footsteps and ticking got close. Until Tony appeared next to her.
Sketchbook could tell he was unhappy and concerned. Because he saw her scarred wrists.
"You. Why did you remove your bandages?" Tony asked Sketchbook, his voice gentle yet his face looked mad.
"I-I'm sorry! I just wanted to see my scars, to see if they've healed." Sketch tried to ski her way out of the conversation, calmly and smoothly. But it was no avail. Tony could see the future and the past.
"I've already seen it beforehand," he said, "so you don't need to lie. I know you want to cut yourself again. You're hurt. You're down. You may seem happy, but you're not. You're depressed. And I know that."
Sketchbook stayed quiet. He was right.
She suddenly sighed. "Ok! I'm a failure. A stupid pawn. I caused the puppets to go insane. And now here you are, trying to fix me and everything I've done. No. My little mistake caused everything to break down. That's why you shouldn't be here. With me. I'm such a stupid sketchbook."
Sketch started sobbing, inky tears dripping down her face. She couldn't help it.
"Sketch...."
Sketch felt a pair of arms grab her and pull her close.
"I don't think you're a failure."
Sketchbook opened her eyes and Tony was hugging her.
She closed her eyes and buried her face in Tony's arm.
"It's ok. No one will hurt you. They'll have to deal with me. I'm your best friend. I'll protect you from your thoughts."
Sketchbook was feeling that queasy emotion again. She quickly shut it up inside her.
And she did something that startled both her and Tony.
Sketch hugged Tony, a burst of warm air escaping her lips as she felt they were the only two beings left in this pathetic world.
She wanted to feel this warmth....
Forever.
They let go of each other finally, gazing at each other.
"So what do we do next? To check on the puppets?" Sketch asked Tony while he set her down lightly on the floor. The pain finally went away. It was like Tony's hug cured everything.
"Before I explain everything, let me wipe your face first." Tony looked at her face and chuckled.
"Don't you dare! Laugh at your own uncreative face before you go have a patch on mine," Sketch growled, but she was already giggling.
Tony left her and went to the dining room where the sink and the water heater with a kettle was found. He got a piece of cloth and filled the kettle to the brim with tap water before heating it.
After the water boiled, Tony let it cool down for a bit so that it could get warm. Not long after that, he poured the warm water on the cloth and squeezed off the excess water. He then returned to Sketchbook, which he found fiddling with her arms.
"Stop that. Now if you would let me do this, stay still", Tony instructed Sketch.
He kneeled in front of her and wiped her arms gently with the cloth.
"Does it sting?" Tony asked.
"No", Sketch responded, smiling.
He dragged the cloth, sliding it up and down her arms. Sketch enjoyed this feeling.
"Now, your face."
Tony wiped the ink on her face. Sketch placed her little palm on his arm, moving with it.
"There. All done." Tony said, satisfied with his work. There were no ink traces left on her face. Tony pulled his hand away—
But Sketch clamped her palm on his arm tightly. Although it didn't circle around his wrist completely, she was strong for one with small arms.
"W-what?"
"Can you hold it right there just for a minute?"
"Um, ok..."
Sketch closed her eyes and imagined Tony and she in a world. Even though she haven't gone outside yet, she imagined colors spreading out from here to there.
Even green didn't bother her right now.
All that was on her mind was the feeling of the warm cloth and Tony's palm on the side of her face.
She finally recognized the feeling she had.
But little did she know Tony felt the same way.
"You can pull it out now."
"What time is it?" Sketch asked once he removed the cloth from the side of her face.
"It's 5:30 PM. Sunset." Tony replied immediately, his clock hands spinning to the right time.
"Okay. Thanks!" Sketch mustered a bright smile, as if nothing happened.
"Anyways, about what we have to do for the puppets..." Tony said.
Sketch listened to his every word.

It was nighttime already. The duo have found some cult clothes in Manny's bedroom. It was strange, because the puppets never went outside, nor attend a cult gathering.
"Are you sure I'm going to wear this?" Sketch asked, twirling around in the big dress that flowed all around her like an ocean.
Tony grabbed some scissors from Manny's work desk while Sketch jumped from her clothes, sending it flying around her. She squealed.
Tony whipped around, and smiled. Sketch obviously had fun.
"Hey, stack of papers, give me that dress of yours. I'm gonna cut it to your size." Tony said playfully, tugging the dress from her hands.
"Okay!" she smiled, and gave the dress to Tony.
Sketch is so adorable. Her creativity, changing moods, and her positivity makes her lovably cute.
Tony never denied his feelings for Sketchbook. He loved her since the night he've met her.
After a moment or so, Tony have already cut it to Sketch's size.
"Try this on."
It fit Sketchbook perfectly. She whooped and hopped around.
"Get it off now. I'll take mine off, too. We'll get it dirty soon enough if we don't get careful enough," Tony said.
They both took it off.
"Hey, Sketch, I have a suggestion. You can just ride on my head. That way, we won't be bothered too much about me hugging you everywhere."
"Oh. Okay then!" Sketch gave him a bright smile.
Tony plopped Sketch on his head and Sketch gasped.
"It feels like I'm tall!" she exclaimed.
"Sketch?"
"Hm?"
"You've never been outside before, right?"
"Mm-hm!"
"Let me show you something."