eight - irondad

okay i love clint so much, which is why i keep putting the other avengers in these

sorry everyone. you wont love clint in this one. get outta here bird boy.

Clint Barton had a problem with Peter Parker. Tony didn't know how it came about, or why it had happened. Recently, it had caused little bit of a rift between the Avengers, one that shouldn't have been there to begin with. 

Tony believed that the apparent dislike that Clint harboured for the young spider boy was the root of the problem.

With the many residents at the tower, people were constantly coming and going. With most people off on various outings; missions, shopping, whatever that may be, only few were now left in the living room.

Natasha was strewn lazily across a sofa, Wanda sitting close by as she tapped at her phone rather aggressively. Sam and Peter sat on the floor, playing video games on the TV. Sam's trash talk was not helping him in the slightest. Tony sat on the opposing sofa, watching in silent disappointment as the grown man insulted a teenager when he lost at Mario Kart.

The elevator doors flew open, the thud of heavy boots following. In walked Clint, making a direct beeline for Natasha. The woman in question only held an arm out behind her as he high-fived her palm, before taking a seat in what little room was left beside her.

As much as Clint tried to quieten his voice, his less than adequate hearing abilities caused his whispering to be louder than intended. Hence, when he 'whispered' to the woman beside him, the entire room was listening along. "Why is the kid here? Does he not have school?"

Peter dropped his controller slightly, a frown blooming on his face. 

Natasha pinched the man's arm, quietly chastising him. She had an angry frown on her face, leaving the rest of the room to listen to Clint's pleas for her to let go. 

"He's not even on the team, technically." Clint argued.

She mumbled something else to him, causing the man to let out a frustrated groan. She let go a moment later. He sighed in relief, leaning down to place his head on her shoulder.

Wanda smirked at them, not even looking up from her phone in her hands.

"I win!" Sam exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air. Tony looked at the screen, then at Peter. It seemed Sam had in fact won.

"Only because I got distracted." Peter mumbled, discarding the controller on the floor.

Sam laughed, ruffling Peter's hair as he scurried away to the kitchen, likely trying to avoid Tony's stare.

Clint spoke quietly to Natasha once again, the woman glaring at him before she gripped him by the ear and dragged him to kitchen, where Tony was sure he'd be reprimanded incessantly. 

Wanda followed close behind, giving a nod to Tony as she passed by. He nodded back silently. 

Tony leant forward from his seat on the couch. "Kid."

Peter turned around, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"You know Clint is a fucking moron, right?" Tony said.

Peter smiled, although he tried to hide his amusement in favour of sulking. "He's not, Mr Stark. We both know he's really smart, and good at his job too."

"Natasha is better though, smarter too." 

Peter laughed quietly. "Does Clint hate me, Mr Stark?"

"No, no." Tony said, slightly unsure. "He's just difficult and stubborn, but he'll come around."