six - spideychelle

rewrite :)

Peter stared absentmindedly out the classroom window, his work book sitting empty on the desk. He traced the small indents of past student's names that had been engraved on the table. He ignored the more explicit drawings.

He sat in between Ned and MJ. He glanced over to the girl as she drew an overly dramatic sketch of their teacher, as the frantic woman stood in the doorway on what looked to be a rather heated phone call. 

He assumed that, as their teacher, she wasn't supposed to be doing that, but no one was going to mention it.

Ned obsessively slammed the arrow keys of his laptop as he played a game, Peter didn't really care which one. He glanced at the clock up on the wall. Time was going much too slow for his liking.

It wasn't long before there was a knock at the already open door, the assistant principal making himself known. There was a boy beside him, though he looked more like a fully grown man than anything else.

"Students," he started, "we have a new member to our school community. This is Joey Lavery, please treat him with the respect that you treat me with, thank you."

Before he left, he gestured Joey to take a seat on the other side of MJ. The girl ignored the new face, continuing to sketch silently. He raked his eyes over her as he walked past.

The boy held a small smirk on his lips as he slid into the chair. Peter felt himself tense, avoiding eye contact with the tall boy.Very tall. He towered over the rest of the class effortlessly, his blonde hair still visible over everyone else's heads.

The way he looked at the girls in the room made Peter uncomfortable, so he couldn't even imagine how all the girls felt. He was not someone Peter wanted to be involved with. 

He ignored the new kid, choosing to instead pick up his pen and get some work done, something he very rarely gets around to in classes.

Lunch came quickly, the shrill bell ringing loudly through the classrooms school-wide. Peter was glad to get away from Joey. Despite the fact that he hadn't necessarily done anything bad, he still felt uneasy around the boy.

Ever since MJ had become closer to the two boys, her seat on the lengthy table had progressively moved along, until her spot was across from Peter. 

He could spot Joey's blonde hair as he walked through the cafeteria, catching Peter's eye with a smirk. He walked towards the mostly empty table that the three were sat at.

"Mind if I take a seat, boys?" He asked, ignoring MJ's presence entirely.

Ned paused mid chew and glanced to Peter. Peter only clenched his jaw as the boy sat down without another word. MJ looked at her friends sceptically, narrowing her eyes at the blonde beside her.

She glanced at Peter, trying to subtly tell him something with her eyes. Unfortunately, Peter wasn't that perceptive, and only stared back at the girl blankly. She sighed, pulling her phone from her pocket.

Joey teased Ned quietly as he poked and prodded at the poor boy. Peter frowned at his actions, pulling out his own phone to read MJ's message.

mj: absolute dickwad

He looked back at the girl, eyebrows furrowed. That was her important message.

peter: i'm aware 

mj: well then tell him to go away

peter: me? you tell him

mj: no