Chapter 9

Chris' POV:

Speaking doesn't seem to be enough. It's as if Kendall hasn't been present in her own body for these past few days. She walks but she doesn't skip around like she used to. She avoids me but on occasion I see her talking to one of the guys. I try to speak to her after class but she's always out the door before I can catch her.
I go home on the bus because I know Guy is driving her home and I don't want to make her uncomfortable. Ever since that night our whole relationship is off. I'm dying to touch her, to listen to see all that she sees but I've been shut out. God I couldn't believe I let her mess me up like this. I need to get out.
----
A good friend of mine, Matthew, was throwing one of his amazing unexpected parties. His parents are out of town a lot and he takes the opportunity to throw cool parties. Johnny called to see if I was gonna go. "I dunno," I sighed into the phone, "I don't really feel up to it." Usually I was the one trying to convince Johnny to go to parties with me, but strangely enough he insisted. "Cam on Chis it'll be fun, I know you're upset about Kendall but let's just go and take a few drinks."
I chuckled a bit and said. "A drink does sound tempting," I admitted. "Cool then I'll see you there!" Johnny quickly said and hung up before I could change my mind. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Maybe tonight will get my mind off of Kendall.