Interview with CarolinaC

External link to CarolInaC's story Baby on the Battlefield, the photo is her original profile picture :)

How did you find out about Wattpad?

I found out about Wattpad when I heard an interview on the radio with one of Wattpad's founders. I think it was on CBC Radio One, but I'm not 100% sure. Wattpad totally sounded like my kind of thing, and I was surprised I hadn't run into it on-line before. So I Googled it, and here I am!

What do you most enjoy doing on Wattpad?

Reading. I love the variety of genres and different types of fiction you can find on the site. And the fact that most of it is produced by amateurs is really impressive!

Of course, I also like it when somebody says something nice about something I've written. It totally makes my day :)

How long have you been on Wattpad?

Since January (about seven months), though I've only been posting work of my own for about a month-and-a-half, now. Before that, I was reading only.

What influenced you to write? 

Well, when I was a young child, I learned that symbols, like the ones you're seeing on the screen right now, could be used to represent sounds, and in turn words . . . okay, sorry, I know that isn't what you meant. I couldn't resist. 

I've always enjoyed writing. I suck at the visual arts and I'm not very musical. Thus, writing has always been my main creative outlet. I mostly write for my own pleasure, but I'm happy that there's a place like Wattpad where I can share my stuff.

What is your favourite genre?

I don't think I could pick just one! So far on Wattpad, I'm reading a lot of fantasy and historical fiction. In terms of regular books, I also like mystery and science fiction - anyone have any good advice from some Wattpad works in those genres?

    What influences your stories?  

I have a *lot* of influences. Sometimes it's something I've seen in a movie or on tv, or something I've learned about (history and anthropology books are great for sparking weird ideas). The story I'm posting up here right now, though, started off being inspired by a dream! And after that, I have an idea I'm thinking of playing around with that's inspired by a photo I took of a group of War of 1812 reenactors.      

What is your advice for other Wattpadders?   

Finish your story. I'm here to read, and there's nothing I like less then getting really into a story, only to find out you've abandoned it. Come on, people, show some sympathy to us poor readers!    For those who aren't finishing because they're suffering from writer's block, one thing that usually works for me is to skip ahead and write a scene that I'm excited about. That often gets things flowing again.      

What is your favourite fruit?  

Usually bananas. Sometimes pomegranates or blueberries or apples.    

  Anything you want to say?   I guess this is my opportunity to plug my work, isn't it? So go on, check out the only thing I have up so far. It's called "The Baby and the Battlefield", and if it's your sort of story, I think you'll enjoy it. Either way, have a great day, and if you ever have anything you think I'll like reading, I love to get (thoughtful) recommendations!