Interview with AliceFair

AliceFair's cover she made herself->

How did you find out about Wattpad?

To be honest, I found out about it a year or two ago because I had been wandering around the net, looking for a writing website to hang out onto. Since Fictionpress was a bust, and I feel that I wasn't getting anywhere on Figment, I stumbled across here. At one point, I noticed some of my friends on Facebook usually read stories on Wattpad and I know at least two friends from there who've written here. And so, I started anew~

What do you enjoy doing on Wattpad?

I actually like chatting with other people here! I was able to do it on Figment, yes, but not to the extent that Wattpad does. Who would've thought I'd be communicating to people via the website chat (and it's awesome that it's either people who fan you or people you fan) instead of focusing just on wall posts and forums? I was pleasantly surprised by this because it means I can really talk to people and become friends with them this way. I also like exploring around the site too, particularly in the forums/clubs. Everyone has a lot to say and do!

How long have you been on Wattpad?

Hehe, if you count my lurking, about two years. My actual time here? Not even a month yet! I've only been here for two weeks.

What influenced you to write?

There's a lot of answers for this one as the world does inspire us writers in more ways than one. For my part, it's real life experiences, music, video games, anime/manga, pictures, and my own feelings (depending on whatever mood I was in). Sometimes, when it came to writing from the feelings I'd hide from everyone else, it was usually written out of a whim. Writing serves as my outlet and my form of self expression.

What is your favorite genre?

Oh gosh! It's so hard to choose! Frankly speaking, I tend to be picky when it comes to stories (not on the writing style itself, although details are a plus in my book, but more on the plot itself and the characters involved). I'm open to any genre, although I do stay away from some because it's not my preference (a few examples: horror, sci-fi). However, from the books I've been reading lately, I seem to be focusing on the Fantasy and Adventure genres, hehe. Then again, I was always fascinated, especially when it comes to the world building.

What is your advice for other Wattpadders?

My advice to you all when you're writing: NEVER STOP TO EDIT WHILE YOU'RE WRITING! Honestly cannot stress this enough. If you keep editing over every, little thing your inner critic/perfectionist is nitpicking on, you'll never get anything done. Since it's obvious your inner critic will never compromise, I suggest you ignore it completely or, if the nagging continues, lock it away and keep the key with you. Don't let it out until you're done writing all the way to the end of your story.

In short: WRITE FIRST, EDIT LATER.

What is your favorite sauce?

XD OH GOSH. What a random question! And it's really hard to choose, considering there are many sauces that can go with certain food and complement the flavors well. But since I tend to be an addict to sweets... Favorite sauces are chocolate and caramel.

Anything you want to say?

Hello, everyone! As you know, I am new, so I would like to talk about my novel in progress. It is a Fantasy/Adventure work called Winds of Change, involving an arranged marriage, but not how it's usually portrayed. Spurning her arranged marriage, for other reasons rather than love, Iris goes into the world not as a princess but as a sword fighter and tactician.

When word of her disappearance reaches Kyle, a mage and her fiance, he sets out on a journey to find out her motives. Oddly enough, he decides out of a whim to chase her for fun and out of interest as well because he's experienced being chased by women up until now.

Due to how their arranged marriage works in their part of the world, neither one knows what the other looks like and it ends up being a game of cat and mouse. However, an adventure of mysterious circumstances has been formed, perhaps a punishment from Karma to Iris for being wholly rebellious in her duties for once in her life.

With Fate pulling the strings, it brings Kyle and Iris together; not as betrothed, but as tacticians and fighters soon to be caught in battle.

They are not Lord Kyle of Firenze and Iris of Tetra here; at this point, it's Tactician Cythras and Tactician Lenore on the battlefield and things will get complicated from there.

So, given that this is a novel in progress, things will be slow in terms of update and development. However, I hope you guys stick with me until the end. Just remember you know what to do if you like my story, BUT--and I cannot stress this enough--please do so if you feel I deserve it. After all, it's not rewarding if you do it out of insincerity and it makes me doubt myself as a writer.

Thank you very much and have a blessed day!