Interview with HeyMrJones211

How did you find out about Wattpad?

My best friend convinced me to join. She’s pretty amazing.

What do you most enjoy doing on Wattpad?

I enjoy reading comments on my stories the most, feedback is always extremely important to me, whether it’s positive or negative. I like to allow myself to grow from what other writers and readers think of my work, and it’s also helped me learn to be a lot more light-hearted about my writing. 

How long have you been on Wattpad?

I’ve been on Wattpad since March 26, 2012.

What influenced you to write?

I’ve always written in my spare time. As a young child I had an overly active imagination, and I’ve always been a mess of complicated emotions and feelings. As I got older my friends began to encourage me to write, because well, they wrote, and later on I found myself doing it just to get all my pent up feelings that I didn’t want to share out of my system.

What is your favorite genre?

I adore Horror/Thriller kind of stuff, but I also enjoy Drama.  Romances are harder for me to read, they usually have to have a lot to them, or have another genre I’m interested in within them.  However, I’ll read anything intellectual, or philosophical, stuff that makes me think is always good.

What influences your stories?

Everything I write tends to run high on emotion. So basically anything that causes me to feel a certain way. Music and just my own vulnerability as a human being with feelings are probably the two greatest influences I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, and my love of psychology, the human mind fascinates the heck out of me.

What is your advice to other Wattpadders?

There is no such thing as bad criticism, instead of being offended by people’s opinions of your work try to grow from them, but also keep in mind that you should enjoy what you write because as you love what you’re doing it’ll be good. 

What is your favorite fruit?

Uhh…I think it’s a tie between black berries, and coconuts…wait…are coconuts fruit?

Anything you want to say?

 Pickles. Just pickles.