26. Kitty

I was on fire with a strange flame. The exhaustion, the frustration, the cold all seemed to escape through my toes and my fingertips into the evening to be replaced with a feeling of ravenous hunger I'd never felt before.

I was familiar with a hunger, an ache in my stomach for better, for passion, for love but it seemed that feeling had been awoken and multiplied exponentially consuming every part of me.

I was used to feeling weak- like I wasn't strong enough to keep my head up one more day, but with my head thrown back and his lips on my neck I felt invincible. He was sponging his pain on to my skin with his lips, his tongue, in a familiar, eloquent letter full of words I couldn't understand but knew he could never say, yet still dripping with sentiments I was all too familiar with.

We were two storms who were meeting in a hurricane of bone shaking proportions and I had no desire to escape the downpour.

I was used to confusion, but the flurry in my brain as I attempted to differentiate between what was love and what was lust when no words had been spoken consumed me, but it did not dissipate the fire.

"Harry," I whispered and in those two syllables I heard some of the pain and passion I had been holding in escape me.

He responded with more silence, louder than anything said before as he buried his face in the crook of my neck and breathed deeply.

We sat like that for what felt like years and whispered into the darkness the things we felt but never said until as suddenly as it began it ended and Harry rose to his feet to climb back in his window.

I followed silently through the window back into the house that seemed to be suffocating me. And despite the fact that that flame was still licking the insides of my stomach with the same ferocity as it had since Harry had ignited it hours before I feared the lack of oxygen in this place would put it out.

Despite this though, I felt something familiar- something I'd all but forgotten- like an old friend back from a long journey or a breath of fresh air in this sweltering house. I felt contentment.