New Friends

~Annabeth~

It was cold. Freezing to be accurate.

But I toughed it out anyway. My day so far hadn't got any better, so I decided to put myself away from everyone for just a few minutes, in hope that I'd get some peace and quiet

Thankfully I did.

But it was still hard getting through lunch. I had so much on my mind and I didn't know what to do about half of it. Thoughts were flowing around in my head like waves crashing on the shore, then receding back to the ocean.

But overall, only one thing really got under my skin.

It was the way that boy had treated me the instant I walked in. It was like I was set up to have a bad day from the start.

I had been called an idiot, treated rudely, already called the teachers pet, whispered about in the halls, shoved into a locker, and even told to go back to South Carolina.

But I ignored it all, wondering how people could be so rude.

~~~~~~~

As I walked through the Cafeteria to throw away my lunch, everyone stared. I took each step carefully and kept my head down, avoid their stares.

I was becoming anxious and self conscious, as I passed by another table and then another.

Eventually, I made it to the trash can and tossed my paper bag lunch into it, before racing off, away from everyone.

Once away from that mess, I stopped by my locker. I put away my books from the previous classes and grabbed the books for my next two classes.

I hummed one of my favorite songs joyfully, not realizing someone was behind me. As I shut my locker door, I stepped back and ran smack dab into the other person.

"Omph! Oh! I'm so sorry!" I spit out as an instant reaction.

Turning around I saw a very tall boy with light brown hair that was quiffed up, along with light, caramel brown eyes, and wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a light blue shirt, and a grey cardigan.

He let out a small smile, but then went back to his lost, expressionless look. But he chuckled a bit.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He said in a slightly sarcastic tone.

I began to say something, but then a brunette girl, with a pale completion, bright, electric blue eyes, and a playful smile, walked over, shoving the boy aside.

She stuck out her hand toward me and said, "I'm Blakely, that's Andrew, and we're your new best friends."

Taken back, I stood there trying to think of what to say, but yet no words came out.

"It's okay, I met you earlier in History. Your really smart Annabeth and you seem cool. So I'd like to get to know you and be friends." She added.

I gave her a small smile in response and nodded my head as an acceptance of this friendship.

At least I've made two friends. That's all one needs right? Maybe this day wasn't so bad.....