We Are All Jerks

~Jack~

Three hours later and I had managed to already forget about that new chick, until my legit friends had to remind me.

"Honestly dude that wasn't cool." Blakely sighed, kicking her feet up onto the round, white table.

"I agree with her," Andrew nodded, "That wasn't nice at all."

Andrew's light, caramel brown eyes bore into mine as he gave me his typical "I don't give a crap about how you feel" look.

Tearing my eyes away from his, I glanced around the cafeteria, searching for the new girl with the pretty eyes. But she was no where to be found.

Blakely cocked her eyebrow, and chuckled. Her lips curled into a malicious smile, that often danced upon them, and her electric blue eyes lit up with a spark of excitement.

"Don't tell me that you are actually worried now about something that YOU did because of your stupid little reputation."

Ignoring her, I looked down at the table and chewed on the inside of my cheek.

"Oh my god," Blakely poked Andrew, "He actually gives a damn."

Andrew's mouth dropped, exposing his mouthful of straight, perfect teeth, but soon turned into a soft smile. Laughing, he poked Blakely back, which got him smacked in return.

As Andrew rubbed his arm and apologized, Blakely continued, "She's actually a nice girl, I talked to her in history. But do you even know her name?"

"No..."

"It's Annabeth." Andrew answered for Blakely, as she rubbed her temples.

"You're the idiot, Jack," She mumbled.

Sighing, I didn't answer. I knew I was the real idiot in that situation. Gazing out the window, I saw her.

She was alone, outside, sitting at one of the red picnic tables. A sad look washed over her face as she stole a glance at everyone inside and ate another piece of her sandwich. Her eyes that were filled with so much curiosity this morning, were now filled with doubt.

I felt even worse. To top it off I could tell she was shivering, even from here. There was no way that she couldn't be freezing. But yet she remained outside, away from everyone else.

I didn't blame her though. The people here are jerks, including myself.