Chapter 15 ~ Sophisticated

All you could hear was the echoes of my shoes and the faint murmur of the party that was going on on the other side of the building. I didn't really have to go to the restroom. I never actually had to before. Another perk of being extra-weird I guess. Zoë had already entered the main room by now. I guess I was just...I don't know, scared. I looked at my reflection in the restroom mirror.

The woman I saw, she was beautiful, with her hair done all nice, and her face perfectly smooth. Her black silk dress was stunning and her shoes were absolutely jaw-dropping. But her eyes. Her eyes showed you more than just external beauty. They showed you what she was feeling inside.

Loneliness.

No matter how many spa or salon trips, or shopping trips she takes, none of it will change the complete, absolute loneliness she feels. It's not the lack of friends or family, because she has Zoë, but she longs for someone like her. Someone who'd understand, how alone she felt in a world full of groups and cliques. Full of people who belonged. That's all she's ever wanted, ever since she was little, to belong. None of the other kids would ever play with the strange dark eyed girl, even if their parents would let them, they'd never even go near her.

I snapped out of my internal third person speech about how I was such a lonely girl my whole life and got back to first person reality. I just prayed that there was someone like me out there and that by fate, if it even exists, our paths would cross.

I ran a hand through my hair. Yeah, but other than my eyes, I was the picture of sophisticated grace. I giggled at my reference to that absolutely amusing movie I'd watched with Zoë before coming here. On that note, with a small smile on my lips, I left the restroom and made my way to the main room.

There was a man in a strange suit right outside the door. I thought that he might try to stop me from entering, but as I neared the doors his eyes widened, his lips smiled and he bowed his head as he opened the enormous door for me. I blushed and diverted my gaze to the inside of the room.

My eyes widened in wonder as they took in everything. It-it was amazing.

###%%%###

Damian

Beautiful.

That was the word that was ringing in my mind at the sight of the goddess at the top of the staircase. I felt like Prince Charming or some other mindless prince from those stupid human fairytales staring at the beautiful princess who decided to grace us with her presence. God, what has come over me, she's just another human girl who's absolutely clueless about what this party is really about. Though, I do wonder why she's here. A daughter of one of the company managers maybe. No, she would've entered with someone if she was with anyone, as tradition to these things. But that enchanting mahogany hair, those enthralling eyes, that dress. If I wasn't on a supernatural-only diet of women I would've already made my way over to her.

I made a compromise with myself. I'm not going to interact with her at all, just simply find out a bit about her. I was only curious, at least that's what I told myself.

I excused myself from my father's and Jacquelyn's presence and made my way to someplace where I could get a better view of her while keeping my distance. I noticed I wasn't the only one whose attention she caught. Every man around my age, physically speaking of course, looked at her with lust-filled eyes, or curiosity, as I put it, I thought with a smirk. Every woman around her age, and even some older, looked at her with envy and disgust. All the while, the girl was completely unaware of their reactions for she was looking at the huge crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

Adorable. It seems as if my opinion on these types of parties might be changing.