Chapter 6 ~ Explanations (Unedited)

We all moved over to the couch. I glanced around the room as I sat, noticing that the flat was completely different in character than Spencer. I sat in an armchair across from the sofa that Zoë and Spencer occupied.

"Territory?" I asked, confused.

"Yes. Exiles claim and hold possession over every city and providence in the world. They are rulers of a sort and the Exiles live under their rule. They are powerful, smart, and usually have spent over a hundred years as an Exile. Spencer here has been in control of Atlanta for 75 years and has been Exiled for 289 years. Though, if anyone kills him, they gain possession of his territory, and if they already have a territory they have to choose one over the other and leave one up for The Claiming.

"The Claiming is when all Exiles interested who lives in that territory fight and whoever beats all the competitors, wins the territory. My territory is New York City. I am the strongest Exile there is and have won the Exile Centre city. I am more powerful than all Exiles."

"Wait! You were exiled, only, like, 11 years ago! You said that it usually takes over a hundred years as an Exile, so which is it?" I asked, now thoroughly confused.

She smiled. Seriously. Smiled. "Glad to know you were listening," she pointed out, which only made me groan. "I am already powerful, smart, plus I am a very old Angel. One of the first five Legions, actually. Plus, if you haven't noticed my title by my old carcass, I am Zoë the Warrior, which means I am the most skilled Angel fighter." She said, with a hint of pride in her voice. She also got this glazed look in her eyes, like she was remembering the good old days.

I let that information sink in for a bit before asking the one big question.

"Zoë, why were you exiled?"

All of a sudden her glazed look turned to a look of cold indifference, as if she were locking her emotions away. Yeah, I was really good at reading people.

After a moments hesitation, to gather her thoughts I presumed, she answered, "I was exiled because of some things me and my Angel Mate, Jonathan did a couple years back. We knew what we were doing and the consequences. I just thought I'd have more time to see you grow up first before the deeds of the past caught up with me." Zoë took a deep breath before continuing.

"5 years before you were born, while Jonathan and I were on a mission here on Midgard, we met this woman. She's a god. The Goddess of Wisdom and Battle Strategies. She said that she needed us to prepare the way for the most powerful demigod in existence. We had tasks to do that strayed from our original mission on Midgard, which was to give straying humans the subtle signs and messages to influence them to do good. Well, that was mainly Jonathan's job," she said with a small smile. "My job was to stop those who prevented humans from seeing these signs. The Others."

"Who are the Others?" I asked, mildly curious.

She and Spencer looked at me with shock.

"What?" I asked, bewildered. I looked back and forth between the two Exiles. "Well?"

"Are you serious?!" asked Spencer like I was just plain dumb. I glared at him. I see why Zoë didn't like him. I wonder why she even put up with him.

"Darling," Zoë started, recomposing her face. "Didn't the Angels of Light tell you about the Others? L.A.E. should've at least gone over the basics." she said. Spencer nodded along with her.

Now I was the one to give them bewildered looks.

"What the heck is L.A.E.?" I asked.

They gave each other looks before Zoë sighed and muttered, "They didn't even educate her? Just what the heck was she doing the past 15 years of her life?"

"Look, Zaressa, dear I don't think-" I cut her off.

"What is it?!" I yelled, starting to lose my patience.

She sighed and gave up her futile excuse in trying to hide stuff from me. "L.A.E. is the Light Angel Education. It's an academic system for the young Angels of Light from ages 2 to whatever the age or knowledge requirement for whatever job as a working Angel you want to partake in. They teach you the ways of the Angels, the history, the culture, the etiquette, the current events, the names, the jobs, the hierarchy...Tell me, Zaressa. Did they at least homeschool you on any of these topics, or any other topic besides speech and basic morals?" she asked, well, more like begged.

Spencer looked extremely interested in my answer.

"No. I know nothing." I answered embarrassed and outraged.

They shared another look.

"Well, then. It looks as if you're going to get a very different education than any Angel at Angel Court. I swear if I ever see Lorine again, I'll make sure she's never able to..." her words faded as she looked back to me, probably deciding against voicing her punishment for Lorine in front of me.

"Well, it's only right that she get a different education. She is di-" Zoe glared at him, cutting him off, and I soo did not want to be the receiver of any of her glares. Her eyes glowed blue. Literally glowed. I shivered. She shook her head 'no' at him and he gulped and nodded. I wondered what they were keeping from me. I was too tired to voice my wonderings though as my fatigue from earlier caught up with me. I yawned and Zoë's gaze returned to me, her eyes going back to her normal blue-green hue as her eyes softened. She smiled at me.

"I think it's time I showed you to your temporary room. Sleep as long as you like and when you're well rested, we'll go out for something to eat and I'll explain the rest then." she said getting up and guiding me to my new temporary room. She stopped at the door.

She caressed my cheek before leaning in and giving me a kiss on the forehead. "Sweet dreams my dearest Zaressa."

I gave her a smile and went into my room. It was all shades of purple. It was amazing and so different than Angel Court! I absolutely loved it! I turned around to say thank you to Zoë, but she was already gone and my door was closed. I sighed, and laid down in my super soft bed. My purple paradise. I was already loving Gaea but I couldn't help but worry about what Zoë stopped Spencer from saying earlier as I drifted off to sleep . . .

~Sorry for not updating in a while, but I had to check some facts. I hope you enjoy this filler :) Remember to vote and comment!~