The Tea Time (Part 1)

--------------------IMPORTANT--------------------MUST----------------------READ--------------------

A/N okay, u r probably wondering y i am making u read this... I have 3 things to say, first of...   IM SOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!!! i really am, but, I am getting into the action part of the story, so i hope I can make it up to you... *smiles sheepishly* :-)   and second I have been spelling Hamen's name wrong for a while, its really Haman... i just noticed it and am sorry :( and finally... its tea time *cracks knuckles and smiles evilly* >:)

      Time seemed to slow down as I walked forward.  Which annoyed me greatly.  I had been dreading this moment since i wrote back to Mordecai, time would just speed up and make me anxious.  But now, that I wanted it over with, time was slowing down.  It was funny how it all worked, but I couldn't lose my patience, that would ruin my plan.  So I strode forward at the frustratingly slow pace i had been doing.

I couldn't help a thought coming into my mind.  I remembered a dream I had had, it had started out where I was being forced to a hanging stand.  I wondered if this was what it was foretelling.  Would I die here? would this be my last days? I thought hard for the last time I had seen Mordecai, and was saddened when I realized that it was when he had warned me about the plot against the king.  And I could almost see myself standing on the block, seeing Mordecai's sad eyes, the same ones he would give me when I cried about my parents when I was little.  The same one he would give me, when I injured myself doing chores, meant for someone older and stronger than me.  I fought back tears and forced myself to remember the task at hand.

When I was at the appropriate distance, I sunk into a low curtsy.  And I stayed that way waiting for his decision.  My heart pounded in my chest as time teased me with slowing down more.  A gong was sounding in my chest, and I suddenly worried that the King would kill me for the racket I was making.  I forced myself not to flinch when he reached over and took hold of his royal scepter.  Oh Lord, please have the King in a good mood.   He held it out to me, and motioned for me to come forward.  And so I took the shaky steps forward and touched the septer with the tip of my finger.  

"What is it Esther? What is your request? Even up to half my kingdom it will be given to you."  I was surprised that he knew it was a request I had come here for, but then again, why would I risk my life just to chat? 

"If it pleases the King," I replied, starting slow, "let the King, together with Hamen, come today to a banquet I have prepared for him."  I said the recited words, and sighed quietly in relief, as the king's eyes softened, though there was an amusment in them too, probably at my simple answer.  

" Bring Hamen at once, " the king ordered one of the servants, " so that we may do what Esther asks"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I stood up, as the king sat down at the table.  The King and Hamen had arrived for the banquet i had prepared, though we weren't going to do much more than drink tea.  There was a golden table cloth, decorated with lace on the tea table, gold dust was sprinkled on the cloth making it glitter in the evening rays of the sun.  The chandelier above the table was by far my favorite piece of furniture in the entire palace.   The golden frame swirled in elegant patterns, symmetrically each diamond sparkling like stars, reflecting light in every direction.  

I sat down as the servants poured tea for the king, Hamen, and me.  We all sat in awkrard silence, as we sipped our tea.  Finally when we had finished the tea, we continued drinking wine, and when the silence was about to be unbearable, the king spoke up,

"  Now Esther, what is your petition? It will be given to you. What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be granted." The King knew I was waiting to tell him my request, but I wasnt done with my plan yet.  I took and deep breath, and prayed that I would not andger the King.

"My peetiition is this: If the king regards me with favor, and if it pleases the king, let Haman come tomorrow to the banquet I will prepare for them.  Then I will answer the king's question."

A/N Hey guys, again, sorry for not updating... I had a big writers block on this chapter, and couldnt write, but I went past it, and sorry it is short, but I will try to make the next chapter longer, so... anywho... baii :D