The Dreams

**HEY sorry it took so long to update! I have been busy w/ the end of school and stuff! So I didn't have time to write, but now I am!!!!!!**

I lay in my new bed. I practically drowned in the layers of mattresses and quilts.

"Queen Esther." I said it out loud, barely believing it. I was actually the queen. It wasn't a trick, it wasn't a dream, it was real. Then, worrisome thoughts started to leak into my brain. What would I do about Mordecai? He couldn't very we'll live in the castle with me. But if he went back to our home, he would never see me. Would people start to resent me? What if someone sneaks into my bedroom at night and try's to kill me? I did my best to push it out of my mind and go to sleep. But whenever I closed my eyes, I saw a sneering face above me, stabbing my heart.

I was walking through a road, it was night and the street was deserted. Suddenly i was being pulled by an invisible force. I screamed and squirmed, but I didn't slow down. Then I saw a glow ahead of me. I looked and saw a wooden stand. It was set up so when you pulled a rope, a square of the floor on top of the pedestal would swing off. Directally above the stand was a rope. It was tied in a knot so you could adjust the size of the opening on the middle. I recognized it immediately as a hanging stand. I struggled even more somehow I knew I was going to be killed. Then I wasn't there anymore, the stand wasn't a hanging stand, it was a grand table. And the rope wasn't a hanging rope, it was a beautiful chandelier with each diamond glimmering with color. There were two men sitting at the table. One I recognized as the king, the other was a stranger. He had sleek black hair and a straggly looking beard. His brown/black eyes glittered evilly, as if he was waiting to see the look on your face when you found the worms in your stew. I walked calmly over, this time on my own record, not a force pushing me. I sat down and smiled warmly at the king, then did my best not to scowl at the stranger. Suddenly, I was standing at the road where I was at first, exept there was not hanging stand. I saw Mordecai at the other side. He looked sad and a bit scared. I gasped, right in front of Mordecai, a snake arose. Now this wasn't any snake, this one was huge. About twice as thick as my fist. Also, it was black. It's all black scales gleamed maliciously and it opened its mouth to reveal white fangs. The snake lifted its head and attacked Mordecai. The snake plunged strait through his stomach and came out the other side. Mordecai doubled dover and was lifted up. It seems that along with being thick, it was long. The snake rose out of the ground, getting longer and longer. I stared up a the figure stuck on the snake. I stood there, my mouth slightly open in shock, even as a shower of blood rained down on me. I caught a glance of the snakes eyes, they were black, as well as it's body, I slightly recognized them. The sly, evil glint that simmered just beneath the surface. Suddenly the snake hardened and solidified into a pole, a tall pole with Mordecai flailing around on the top. His squirms started to slow down, until he was still, unmoving, unblinking, dead.

I sat up straight in bed. I was covered in cold sweat, my nightgown sticking to my sweaty body. My covers were in tangles, proving the nightmare i just had. I took a few seconds to recover, mumbling to myself that it was just a dream. I wanted to call in some of the elders, but decided not. This dream was different than other dreams i have had. This one felt... real.

There was a knock at me door that nearly made me jump out of bed. Yes, I was definitally losing it, being frightened of a knock. But I was stilll uneasy about my dream. Did i scream during my dream and a servant came to check on me? I hoped not, then I would have to explain, which would lead to remembering the dream, which would most likley make me cry. But it was not what I was expecting.

The door opened not a second later and in bustled a very tiny, very shy-looking... girl. I mean, all of the maid servants I had seen were women, but she was a girl not older than 10. She had smooth black hair that flowed in an inky water fall around her face. She had hazel eyes that shone out of her coppery skin. She wore a white maidservant dress that was a bit big on her. Though she made up by tying a rope around her thin waist.

"I am here to fit you into your gown miss." She announced, before scrabbling around to start the water, grab shampoos, perfumes, and lotions, and guide/dragged me out of bed. She continued scrambling around while I stood there, shivering in my thin night gown as she brought out my dress.

It was dark green like the one I wore for choosing. It's long sleeves flared out around the wrist and drooped down to the knees. There were gold beads around the neckline, and the trim. There was a golden sash that hung around the waist. I also noticed, that there were thin gold treads that glimmered when the fabric moved. I stares at it for so long, a bug might have gone into my mouth, but not noticed.

"This what the king requests you wear for the crowning ceremony." The servant girl finally said. Wow, I thought, I can't wait for the ceremony.