Opening up

Al just looked at me when I told him I didn't want Kira to live with us. I just think that he doesn't get it. I want to spend time with him, just me and my brother. I wanted to go surfing, eat ICECREAM, tell him what I thought of all the other countries I met. "So you don't like Kira?" Alfred asks.

"It's not that, it's just that I barely met her. Dose she even know that your a country?"I say in a sorta shouting tone, I then lower it. "Al, we don't age the only way we die is if we fail as a country. And if your me I depend on you." He stays silent. "If your serious about this girl let her move in, I will only tell Mattie."

"Hmm?"

"Your brother!"

"Oh,well... give me time to think." When Kira comes out Al and I change our subject quickly. Kira was dressed in a yellow sundress and red flats with her hair done up in a bun. "Hey Kira want to do something with Jane?"

"Sure," Kira says with a smile. "Do you have any ideas Jane?"

"Umm," I begin to think. " how about we go to the pier and spend our day out there?" I began to ramble on about Newport beach in Southern California. I was telling her about my favorite restaurant there. It was a small place called "the crab cooker" they have the best clam chowder I ever tasted.

Honestly I still wasn't sure about Kira. She was nice, she gave Al and I a hand for packing up the car. The car had 3 surfboards, towels, an umbrella, and of corse some snacks. We left right after we were done packing I sat in the back wale Al drove and Kira sat shot gun.

As we arrived I rolled down my window and smelt the salty ocean breeze as if I never had before. I felt like I was home again. The sand stuck to my feet as if they never wanted to leave. I take another deep breath as we get closer, and closer to the water. The warm sand between my toes made me smile. When I stepped on some seaweed I didn't flinch, I greeted it like an old friend. I turn around to my brother and Kira and begin shouting with joy filling my lungs. "I'M SO LIKE, HAPPY ALFRED!!!"

"I'm glad you are!" Alfred shouts back setting up where we're sitting. I run back to the little set up and put on sunscreen and let it soak in. Kira was putting on sunscreen and tanning oil, she laid in the sun tanning her back first. Al stayed in the shade snacking. I was out in the water waiting for a wave to come.

After some time in the the water and a few waves I go back to the lovely couple. "Your good a surfing Jane." Kira says to me with a smile on her face.

"Thanks." I reply. I look to Alfred and give him a stare like a 'Did you tell her your a freaking country you dork?' look. He shook his head as in 'no', so I roll my head in Kira's direction sharply. He sighed then nodded.

"Hey Kira wanna go on a walk just you and me?" Alfred asked.

"Sure" she smiles.

My heart began to race, after the two of them walked off to where no one around anyone to hear the two. I only watched from a distance her face moved from a laugh, to confusion, to a straight face. Kira stayed over there while Alfred walked back.

"Can I use you as an example?" Alfred whispers in my ear. I nod give him my pocket knife and go over there with Kira.

Al flips open the knife and cuts my wrist, Kira was watching the whole thing. As blood began to come out my skin quickly grew over the wound in seconds. Her face was amazed. "Ok, I believe you." she says starring at my wrist.