Berries or Mango?؟

5-Have a character retell one of the disney stories

Though being the real life version of Ariel the little mermaid, Ariel Summer was not the most attractive or good looking person on planet Earth, in the scale of society, she would be an average. A 7 out of 10, as her previous roommate thought, but the way she presented herself –big bows and modernly classic clothes- blended perfectly with her 7 out of 10, making her a 10 in the eyes of who knew her, but of course, in the eyes of Eric, she was a 10 without her enhancements.

                                                                                     ***

School was just coming in, Eric perfectly knew that he was not going to see her as often as his heart wished or pleased.

"Hey Ariel." Eric half should as he entered the ice cream shop.

"Hi," She replied in a not so excited voice, it caused confusion to him, but as he came closer, he discovered why, "Should I pick berries or Mango?" She asked. "Umm, I guess berries?"

"Two berries ice cream please." Stated Ariel.

Once the two exited the shop, the ice cream lost its coldness, as they were living in hell itself, the weather in their country was in constant bipolarity.

"So school is around the corner." Said Eric, causing her to stop eating ice cream.

"Yeah, I'm privately tutored."

"I was thinking of a way so we can see each other, you know, I can't stand the fact of not seeing you." Ariel laughed at the way he was talking. "So here's the plan," He continued, "In a journal you write what happens to you throughout the week, and I write in another, and at the end of the weekend, we meet at the park," He caught his breath, "And since I'm always broke, we bring our own food." He joked. Eric was not sure, should he say what he had in mind, "Consider it as dates." Ariel immediately flinched at the word dates, she thought of it as something book related, not in reality.

"Relax, we will remain the same, it's just a change in status, just like Facebook statuses." Blurted out Eric rushing his thoughts, he couldn't afford losing her.

"You still use Facebook." Joked Ariel as she continued eating her half melted ice cream, it caused relief in Eric's heart.

                                                                          ***

 In the very long, awkward silence followed, Ariel decided to interrupt and talk. "You know," Eric turned around to see what she had in mind, "As self obsessed this sounds, I think that the storyline of the Ariel movie is about me." For a second, Eric seemed to be confused, "The story is about this mermaid that wants to explore the world, and in one day, she finds Eric, that is her goal, she sacrifices her voice for him, fights and in the end wins."

Just as Ariel laid out the plot, Eric saw parts of what she was thinking about. "And I am this girl, trying to reach peace, which I can't have due to my extra-ability that everyone seems to hate, and although my goal isn't an actual Eric, I do have sanity as a goal, I hear my mom crying sometimes because of the endless doses of medicine that I have to take everyday and that don't seem to work, and although it hurts being an outcast, it hurts more being a parent of an outcast," She paused a little bit but then continued, "I wish, and I only wish, that I will get the happy ending."

Eric was disappointed at not being her Eric, but as a second thought, it was her story not his, he understood that. As they talked, Ariel went on a trip with her own mind, the whole date thing to be specific. She truly did like Eric, but there were a couple of obstacles, (a) She was not regular, (b) She couldn't see herself good enough for him. It was funny how each labelled themselves as not good enough.

 ******************