Chapter Twenty-Five

i went back and added a chapter because i forgot to upload it.

Chapter Twenty-Five -Rachel Paige

After the phone call Tristan and I decided we would go and have dinner. I hadn't told him of my plans because I wanted to surprise him. We decided to go to a small diner downt town that George used to take me to quite a bit. I sat on the couch waiting for Tristan to finish showering and shaving, ever since he lost Claire he has been letting himself go, it was much needed. I was typing away on my phone texting my lawyer when I heard Tristan open the door of the bathroom. He was fully dressed and clean shaven and he looked amazing. His hair was tousled to perfection and he had a small little smile playing on his pink lips.

"You ready to go?" I asked setting my phone down. Tristan nodded and walked over to me while shrugging on his coat.

"Where are we going?" He asked taking my hand and leading me to the door.

"U-um, to the diner downtown. George used to take me there." I said stuttering a little. Tristan nodded.

"How are you doing? With the whole George thing?" Tristan asked concerned. I shrugged my shoulders before answering him.

"It was a lot easier once I accepted that he was truly gone. I had always kept hoping that he was just away at the store, you know? But once I accepted the fact that he wasn't coming home and he wasn't going to watch football games with me anymore or berate me for not eating enough it got easier. I cried a lot, but it was my way of coping. I'm good now though." I replied honestly. Tristan nodded before giving me a hug. And whispering comforting words in my ear.

"I just want to apologize for not being there for you when you were going through that." Tristan aplogized. I nodded and forgave him, I didnt blame him, if I had been in his situation I would have done the same thing.

Once we were out of the apartment building we got into Tristan's car. I'm not quite sure what kind it was, it looked sporty and exspensive. The ride to the diner was about twenty minutes and we didn't talk much. The car was filled with a Ed Sheeran CD and comfortable silence. Once we got to the diner we sat in a corner booth in the back where no one would recognize Tristan and distub us. Once we were are situated and what not Tristan started to talk.

"So are you going to explain what's going on now?" He asked taking a sip of his diet pepsi.