Chapter Seventeen

so i really need to write some more..... so i'm gonna make this a challenge! i willnot update until i get 50 votes!!!:) yes i know! i am so mean!!!:):)

i love you all!!:) (Especially my wattpad sister whostolemycupcakes!:))

-Liz:)

Chapter Seventeen- Rachel Paige

Today had been a great day. I had spent most of it with Claire like always but Nelly came over for a couple hours to hang out while Claire took her nap. Ever since Tristan, Bryce, Nelly and I had gone bowling a few weeks ago Nelly and I had grown really close. Nelly was like a sister to me, I trusted her with everything and she didn’t judge me, we laughed together, we talked about life together, we were just two best friends. 

I turned the silver key in the lock of the old Victorian door and pushed it open only to be greeted with silence. Usually George was watching his football games. I suddenly got a sense of déjà vu. 

“George this isn’t funny! Remember last time.” I called out in to the hallway. The lights were on bright as I walked in to the kitchen. There was a half eaten sandwich sitting on the table waiting to be eaten. I glanced around and saw a broken glass of water spilled across the tile. 

“George!” I called out getting worried. There was no answer. I took a step making sure not to step on any of the broken glass. 

“George!” I called out once again. I walked in to the den where I hoped to find George. As I waked in to the room I stopped in my tracks. There knelt George grasping his chest and wheezing. I hurriedly leaned down next to him patting his back?

“George are you okay? What’s wrong?” the words rambled out of my mouth. George tried speaking but no words came out. One of his hands grasped a pen and wrote ‘heart’ on a piece of paper near by. The writing was nearly illegible. Oh my gosh he’s having a heart attack! I quickly jumped up pulling the phone of its charger and calling 911. I told the operator about George and told her to send an ambulance quickly. After I hung up I knelt back down on the ground rubbing George’s back in what I hoped was a soothing way. George looked up at me with frightened eyes and tears spilling. I didn’t know what to do. All I could do was sit there and watch George suffer until the ambulance got here. A couple minutes later the ambulance arrived and two paramedics barged in to the room carrying a stretcher. They gently placed George on the stretcher and started wheeling away. Thankfully they let me come with them in the ambulance and we were off to the hospital.  

~*~

It had been nearly an hour since we arrived at the hospital. I was nervously pacing in the waiting room waiting for George to get out of surgery. I was hoping and praying with everything in me that he would be okay. I couldn’t lose him. Not him, I can’t lose another person. I ran my hand through my long hair in a nervous fashion waiting for Tristan to come and tell me everything was going to be okay. 

“Rachel!” a voice called from the entrance. I quickly glanced up to see Tristan running down the hallway. I quickly ran to him, he scooped me up in a bear hug as tears streamed down my face and onto his shirt. 

“Shh baby girl, it’s going to be okay.” Tristan whispered in my ear. I only sobbed harder. After a couple minutes I had my tears under control only to notice something or someone was missing.

“Where’s Claire?” I asked nervously. Tristan’s face immediately fell and turned in to a panicked look. 

“She was sl-sleeping so I left her a-at home.” Tristan managed to say. My eyes soon grew wide. I couldn’t believe he left her at home! Oh my gosh what if something happened to her. 

“Oh God, what if something happened to her?!” Tristan nearly screamed. I quickly slapped him. Tristan’s eyes shot straight to me. 

“Go home now!” I hissed at Tristan. Tristan nodded and sprinted out of the room. I watched his back as he ran away. I couldn’t believe that happened. I couldn’t believe that he forgot his kid at home! I continued my pacing only this time I was worried more than just George. I was worried that something had happened to Claire. I was worried something would happen to Tristan. I was worried George wouldn’t make it and I would be left alone once again. 

An hour and a half later Tristan still was not back which only increased my worry. I was now a nervous wreck. When a nurse called out for the family of George Harrington. I shot up from the seat I had just sat down in and ran to the nurse. 

“What’s going on? Is he okay? Can I see him? Where is he?” I asked practically shouting. The nurse looked me in the eyes and that’s when I knew my answer. My face dropped as the nurse opened her mouth. 

“I’m so sorry, we were too late. We did everything we could to save him.” The words seemed as if they were miles away. My vision was becoming black and blotchy and I suddenly felt dizzy.

“No” I whispered. 

“I’m so sorry.” The nurse replied laying a land on my arm. 

“No!” I sobbed falling to the ground. The nurse tried to catch me but it was to late, I was already on my knees weeping for the loss of my daddy. 

“No!” I sobbed. I couldn’t help it. The only one who ever cared for me. the one who saved me from the life on the streets. The only one who made sure I was eating enough. The only one who ever loved me. my daddy was gone. I couldn’t fight the darkness that was trying to consume me anymore. I gave in.

REMEMBER 50 VOTES!:) AND PLEASE COMMENT!:)