Baby Daddy

Prologue

The Doctor called for the family of Abigail Kane. I nervously stood up, my hands shaking. I approached the doctor looking for some sort of emotion. Something that could give me hope, something that would tell me she was alright. Something, anything! As I approached the doctor I found something, though it was not what I had hoped. Sympathy. Sympathy is what I found in the doctors eyes. 

“I’m sorry but there was nothing else we could do, we have tried everything we could.” Silent tears escaped my ocean blue eyes. It wasn’t suppose to end like this. It wasn’t suppose to be like this for Abigail. Abigail was suppose to grow up and find someone to love her and her child. A good man with a good heart. A man who was wholly devoted to Abigail and her baby. She was suppose to fulfill her dream and become a marine biologist, study sharks, nurse sick otters back to health, live her dream.  This isn’t how it was suppose to end. Abigail deserves so much more than to have lost her life to a stupid drunk driver. A teenage boy who partied too hard. A stupid drunk driver. 

I looked back down to her lifeless body. Her chocolate brown hair flowing down the hospital bed pillow, her porcelain face bruised and scarred. She was gone. My best friend. My sister. The one who ever cared for me and took care of me when I was sick. The only person I ever loved. She was gone. It wasn’t suppose to end this way. 

A sigh escaped my lips before I bent my head down and gently kissed her bruised and battered forehead. Goodbye Abigail. I thought to myself. I stood back up and headed out of my deceased sisters hospital room. As I was leaving a man in an expensive looking Armani, or whatever brand it is, suit approached me. He was a stiff man, stood proud and tall, his greasy black hair was slicked back, everything about him screamed at me to run away, he could only bring trouble.

“Hello I am Mr. McAdams, Abigail’s lawyer. I am here to discuss Abigail’s wishes. ” The man extended his hand; I ignored it.

“Tristan Kane. Abigail’s brother.” I replied coldly. The lawyer brought his hand back realizing I was in no mood to shake his hand, I wanted nothing to do with him. Mr. McAdams stood there obviously uncomfortable before trying to speak again.

“Er, right. I’m here to discuss with you about Abigail’s will.”

“I will attend the reading tomorrow. I’m busy right now and I’ll be on my way. It was a pleasure to meet you Mr. McAdams.” I replied not meaning it at all. I turned my back and started walking away leaving the lawyer stunned by my cold attitude. 

“Wait! Tristan! Wait!” Mr. McAdams called after me. Irritably I turned around to face the pesky man. 

“What do you want. And please call me Mr. Kane. I told you I would attend the reading tomorrow.”

“Well you see Mr. Kane, Claire, well Claire… how do I say this… you are Claire’s god-father and sole relative and that makes you Claire’s legal guardian now that Miss Abigail has passed.” The lawyer explained. 

Oh crap.