Chapter 14

14

I woke up to the sound of music. I thought that was strange because I didn’t keep on any music when I had fallen asleep. I looked over and noticed that it was raining outside I could hear the tiny droplets hitting the ground. I quickly got dressed and then “flew” downstairs.  I was starving but I didn’t feel like going outside. So I went in the pantry and made me something to eat. Ian had told me that we could survive on a quart of blood and could eat human food until you couldn’t bear it any longer. I looked around the room as I ate. My eyes rested on Breaking Dawn in a corner. My mom had read those books. It wasn’t that easy being a vampire, I didn’t like the way that Bella would be fine with everything, I didn’t like the way that she would want to be this way, I didn’t like the book period. “Why don’t you turn the author into a vampire and see how she likes it.” I said sarcastically. Ding Dong. The doorbell rang.

I was over there in a second maybe I would get a snack. I opened the door. There stood Ian. I looked at him and he looked at me. I wanted to growl and tell him to leave but instead I just stepped out of the way so he could come in. “Is that an invitation?” He asked. “Do I have to invite you? Or can you just walk in?” I asked. I rolled my eyes. “Okay, fine.” He said. He walked in and I felt my heart go cold because in walked a girl about 17 walk in behind him holding his hand. “Who is she?” I asked. “This Is Clarissa.” He said. “And who is she?” I asked. “My girlfriend.” He said. “Oh.” I looked down at the floor. At least this was good I didn’t have to deal with the wanting of him to be MY boyfriend anymore.

“Is she normal?” I asked the question low enough where only he could hear?” I looked at her and saw the vain jutting out from her neck, I could feel her heart beat, and I could smell her blood. I answered my own question. “Yes, of course she is.” I looked at him.  I shot him a mad glance. My throat went up in flames. He looked at me and shoved the girl at me. “For you.”  He said. “What?” I asked. “I know you are hungry so for you.” He said. I took the girl in my hands and plunged my teeth into her neck. A minute later she fell limply to the floor. “What a shame” he said. “I enjoyed you being all jealous that I had a girlfriend.” He said and smiled. I put on my poker face. “How do you know that I was jealous?” I asked. “I can read people, it’s like I can tell if you’re mad, sad, confused, jealous, in love, or hungry.” He said. 

I stood there shocked but didn’t show it. “Oh and shocked. Like you are now. And yesterday you where in love……. With me.” He said. I looked at the floor ashamed. “Good thing you can’t read emotions though.” He said and kicked his foot on the floor. “Why is that?” I asked him. “Because, I wouldn’t want you knowing that I’m in love with you too.” He said. “Oops, I wasn’t supposed to say that was I?” he asked and then smiled. I looked at him and then returned the smile. “Okay, well since it is summer and my stupid brother isn’t here let’s go somewhere.” He said. “And where is that?” I asked him. “I don’t know you tell me.” He said calmly.  “Bowling?” I asked him. “Sure, as long as you don’t kill anyone..” He said and laughed. I looked at him and stuck out my tongue. I looked at him, like very closely……  “You have a tattoo?” I asked him. “Um yea.” He said.

“But in Twilight….. I thought you would never be able to change.” I said. “Twilight is a myth……. You can cut your hair, get tattoos, dye your hair….. everything, oh and don’t worry about sunlight it doesn’t affect us at all.” He said. “Then how do you die?” I asked. “Well…. It’s a long story bt I guess I can talk about it on the way to the alley.” He said. “Cool.” I said. He opened the door for me and then walked me to the car. The car was….. nice, clean…. But what do you expect when you’re in a shiny Volvo? He opened the door and turned off the radio. “So how do we die?” I asked him. “Well……. When you are first changed you have to wait at least two years before you can turn someone into a vampire…” He said. He looked like that was all he wanted to say. “And?” I asked him. I was urging him to go on.

“Well during those two years you are vunerable to two things.” He said. “Knives and barbed wire.” He said. I chuckeled at the idea of being killed by barbed wire. “Then when you change a person then you are in the clear…. For a while…..” I looked at him with a hint of concern in my eye. I knew the next thing had to do with the person they changed and death. “Then the vampire that changed them must give the newborn at least a year to grow…. Then they have to kill them…. Reason being is because the person they changed is the only one strong enough to make it fall into a vampire coma…. What that does is make a vampire feel like it is being pushed down in the food chain….. it makes him/her feel like it will die from a gunshot……. Knowing my brother… that’s his plan.” He said. “Are you serious?” I asked. “Dead serious.” He said. “So I only have a year to find out how to kill him?” I asked. “Why did you jump to that conclusion?” He asked me. “Because I am not going to let him kill me.”  I said… besides I want revenge on him.” I said.

We pulled into the parking lot. “He’s my brother Carlie…. Not a friend a brother.” He said. “So you’re saying that you are going to let me die just because he does not want to feel like he is immortal?” I asked. “No……” He said. “There is one cure for the coma though.”  He said. “And?” I asked him. “What is it?” I asked him. “You have to kill one of the oldest vampires and give the person that is trying to kill you the blood to drink that is when they will be truly immortal.” “How long do I have to hide before he goes into the coma?” I asked him. “Two months at most.” He said. “That’s still way to long.” I said. “I can’t do anything about it Carlie, and as much as I know you want to ponder how you are going to hide….. we need to go bowl.” He said. He opened his door and made his way over to my door. I got out before he got to my side. I didn’t want him to open my door. I was capable of doing it myself.

 Okay…. So are you ready to go kick some human butt?” he asked. I smiled up at him. “Yes, yes I am.”