Chapter 8

8

All I heard when I woke up was laughter. I looked around the room and realized I was in my bedroom but so were my mom, and Taylor. My mom looked frazzled but there was a glimpse of happiness in her voice. I looked at them and thought about how I should be up there too laughing away. Right when I was about to get up Taylor asked my mom a question that changed my life… for about 5 years. “She died?” He asked. My mom looked at her hands. “Yes,” she said “My ex-husband is on his was home…. I told him and him… well he was devastated.” My mom said. I looked at her and sat up. “Who died?”  I asked. “You should be resting you have a concussion and a broken wrist.” My mom said. “I don’t care. Who died mom? Was it Maddie?” I asked. “Well we think she is when Taylor got here he said that he saw Maddie and then when he went to check on you she was gone… I don’t understand but an hour later they found her body in a ditch...” She said. After she finished her sentence she started to cry out in pain. 

"What is it?” I asked. “The baby….. It wants to come out!” She said.  “I have to get to the hospital!”  She said. “Oh my goodness!” I said. “I will get the car.” Taylor said. “No, I will get the car you need 2 carry her down the stairs.” I said. He was about to say something but I left the room. I couldn’t take the Camero because I wasn’t going to chance getting blood all over it. So I took my mom’s Volvo. As soon as I got in the car Taylor was opening the back seat and putting her in. “Do I need to come in the back with you?” I asked. “No!!  I’m fine. Just get me something to bite!” she screamed.  Taylor handed her a bandana and got in the car and speed to the hospital. We heard screaming the whole way there. We where 2 and half miles away from the hospital and Taylor started to shake. Then started to scream. 

“What is it?!” I asked him. “I can’t…..” Then he went crazy. The car in front of us cut through the red light…. I tried to grab the wheel but it was too late we were heading right into traffic that is when we got hit… we got hit by a SUV. We spun then went into a ditch. “Is everyone okay?” I asked. “Yea, I am okay.” Taylor said. “Mom is you?” I asked.  No answer. “Mom?” I asked. I turned around and saw her in an awkward position…… with a ladder through her stomach….. Some way and somehow the car behind us got in the wreck to…. And they had a ladder on the roof of their car…. And it cut cleanly into my mom…. She was dead. That is when I lost conscious.