Chapter 14 - Jordan, Jasmine

We all got at the car,  and started walking to the field. James told me he was going to get a seat, and I told I'll see him soon. I started walking towards the stairs when I Jasmine stopped me.

"Hey Jordan, you got a minute."

"Um yeah, can you make it quick?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to tell you that these last couple of weeks were great and I think you are the one I've been looking for."

I looked at her and I just couldn't do it. I had to tell her what's going on but I don't know how."

"Jordan, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Well,  I wanted to tell you good luck out there and hope you do great."

"Thanks."

She smiled and walked away.  I had to do something. If James knew that I was still dating her behind his back, I would be screwed. I decided to do the only thing I could do.

"Jasmine, wait!"

"Yes babe."

"Jasmine I'm - "

"Yes?"

"Jasmine, I'm breaking up with you."

"Wait what?"

"I'm sorry but it's not you, its me."

"Ugh! Here I am thinking that I found someone who truly liked me for me. Well it seems I was wrong. I was wrong to trust you. I was wrong- to trust myself."

I could see the tears start dripping down her face. I knew I just broke some girls heart for the rest of her life. I couldn't let her go through that. I had no choice but to tell her.

"Jasmine, I need to tell you something else."

"What else could you tell me? You've told me enough. I don't want you talking to me again. I don't want calls, texts, emails, nothing! Goodbye Jordan."

She started walking away. I had to tell her but something held me back from doing it.

"Jasmine wait, I can explain. I just can't do it now."

She turned around and I could see the anger in her eyes. I had to tell her somehow but I just couldn't. Just not now. I stood there watching her walk away as I heard someone call my name. I turned around and it was the coach.

"Jordan, your late. The game is about to start. We need to get you to the podium."

"Sorry coach, I was just occupied at the moment. I'm ready though."

"Great, we got 10 minutes let go."

I don't think I'm ready to do this. I don't feel ready at all, but it seems I have no choice.