Chapter 11 - Jordan

It was Saturday morning, around 10 a.m. I sat in bed thinking, I can't handle this anymore or I don't wanna be here anymore. I was going through so much, and it felt like nothing was gonna get better. I had about 9 hours til it was time for the game. I honestly didn't want to go. I wanted to sit in bed, and do absolutely nothing. I wanted to sit there and just- cry! Cry until my eyes wouldn't open anymore because they were filled with salty tears. I decided to get up and go to the bathroom. I opened the doors and looked in the mirror. I didn't even see myself. I seen the man that I didn't want to see. I use to see a man that had all he want. A man that was on top of the world. I use to think my life was perfect. Now, I see a boy  that lost everything. A boy that almost scarred another boy for life. A boy who almost lost a friend who was actually, a true friend. I seen a boy, that has been living a lie for so many years. I stood there in the presence of a silence. A silence that haunts you in your darkest moments. I began to cry, tears rushing down my face. I looked back in the mirror and thought, I don't wanna be here anymore. So I made sure I wouldn't be here anymore. I wiped my face, and opened a cabinet below my sink. I felt around until I grabbed my razor. The razor my dad gave me when I was only 15. This razor is just so- special. I can't kill myself with this,  it means so much to me. I stared at the razor until I heard the door bell.  I threw the razor on my bed,  and ran downstairs. I walked to door,  and opened it.  It was Mikal.

"What's up? "

"You haven't seen the news? "

"No,  why? "

"There's this coach,  Michael Smith,  coming to our game tonight,  looking for people to draft. "

"Your kidding? "

"I'm so serious, it's all on the news."

"Well,  I'm glad you came to tell me but I really need to get back to doing-whatever I was in here doing. "

I became closing the door until he slid he foot between it.

"Wait,  I've been noticing some things and I've noticed you haven't been acting like yourself.  Are you okay? "

"Yeah bro, I'm fine."

"Hmm, well okay, see ya at the game tonight."

"Alright."

He waved goodbye then walked away. I closed the door as soon as he left. What am I gonna do? I don't wanna go to the game but it seems I have no choice now. I was so excited about this game just a few weeks ago, but now I want to stay home and do nothing. Just great.

I walked into the kitchen looking for something to eat. I grabbed a box of Fruit Loops and a bowl from the cabinet. I sat them both on the table, and headed to the refrigerator to get some milk. I opened and grabbed it. While I was getting it, I noticed there was note on the side of it from my mom. It read :

Jordan,

I'm staying the weekend with your father. I left some precooked meals for you and your sister. They say your father is gonna need some more time to recover. I'm sorry I won't be able to go to the game tonight, but Merissa says she'll videotape it for us. If anything goes wrong at the house, just go over to our neighbor Alisha for help.

Love,

            Mom

P.S. I left you a surprise for you in the pantry.

I sat the note down and opened the pantry door. I looked up and seen a container with a note on it. I took the note off and opened it. It was cupcake that read Good Luck Son!.

I thought it was sweet of her to give me something so nice.  I was about to open it until I heard my phone ring upstairs.  I placed the cupcake on the counter,  and headed upstairs.  I walked in my room and started to scavenge for my phone.  I pulled off the covers on my bed and grabbed the phone.  Marcel had called me and left me a text message.  He said it was urgent and I needed to meet him at the park.  I didn't know what was going on but by the way things have been going,  it wasn't gonna be good.