Chapter 3 - Jordan , Marcel

"You gonna eat that?"

Marcel wasn't the kind of dude that wouldn't tell you what's on his mind. For as long as I've known him, he's always been that blunt person. That's one of the main reasons why he's always getting in trouble.

"Nah, you can get it."

"You okay? You haven't said a word since we got here."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just gotta a lot on my mind."

I still haven't told him about how I was feeling when I met James. Maybe I shouldn't tell him. He might get mad or maybe tell the whole school about it. Yeah, he might just tell the whole school. What am I'm going to do? I can't keep this up for much longer. Why did it have to be me?

"They said your dad was gonna be fine. He just has to stay in recovery for a few more weeks."

"Yeah, I know."

I start fidgeting in my seat. I had to tell him. If I don't I would be a bad friend, but if I do, I would still be bad friend for waiting so long to tell him. Why do have to go through this? Why now?

"Dude you okay? Your sweating like a dog."

"Marcel, I can tell you anything right?"

"Yeah, of course. Your my best friend."

"If I tell you, would you keep it a secret?"

"Yeah bro, of course."

I'm just looking at him when as a sudden chill eases down my back, I see James. I see him smiling, with that smile he gave the last time we talked. I got so mesmerized, I forgot that I was actually talking to Marcel.

"Dude, wake up. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay, so what's the secret?"

"Yeah, its umm.. well.. umm.. I'm.."

"I'm what?"

"I'm.. umm.. I'm.."

"DUDE! Just tell me. It's not like your gay or anything."

My heart started racing. I could hear it pound over and over again. Boom-Boom-Boom. That's all I heard. Boom-Boom-Boom. That's all I felt. BOOM-BOOM-BOOM! That's all I could think of, my heart trying to beat out my chest. I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't tell him, just not now.

"No bro, why would you even say that? I'm dating that girl in our Chemistry class. Her name is Alisha, I think."

"Oh, that's whats up! My boy finally got a girl. You had me worried for a sec, I thought I was going have to cut ya off."

"Yeah, that wouldn't be good."

Great. Just great. I know who I'm not telling anytime soon.