11 | Cecilia's Wolf

Bane

I ran the territory border of my pack as I thought about Cecilia Moore. I couldn't figure out what it was about the girl that had me so tied up in knots. Well, there were a few things I could list. She was sexy as hell and I knew she would make a good play toy for a week or two. She might even last longer than that, though I hadn't found a girl that had before. Something about her said she might be able to be my first that did.

There was also the added bonus that she was Jackson Walker's mate. I couldn't say that he was the bane of my existence, but he's pretty damn close. My family had been trying to take control of their land for generations. We had never been successful before, but I was determined to be the one that beat them. I would take his pack and his land and I would kill Elijah, Jackson and their parents. I was even considering keeping Elijah's cute little mate. I doubted she would last as long as Cecilia, but if I took them together, they could take turns pleasing me. It would increase the odds of keeping them longer than two weeks, at least.

The Walker family didn't deserve the land they had. It was prime property and they didn't even know how to control their pack. They were entirely too soft with their members. That pack needed an iron fist to control them. I could do that.

But I'd take Cecilia first. The first time that I noticed her was in the octagon pavilion at the beach. I was screwing around in one of the offices, just making a mess because I was bored and I saw her go into the bathroom. Her ass caught my attention first, swaying from side to side in that revealing summer dress covering her bikini. I knew then that I wanted her.

I wasn't too concerned with whether she was willing or not. I never was. A struggle was always more entertaining when you played with a toy. A challenge, per se. Willing girls were often all the same and could bore me to tears in minutes. I wanted a wild stallion that I could beat into submission.

She would have been mine then, if it hadn't been for Jackson Walker. The girl put up a good fight when I went after her. That actually only made me want her more. She was a little spitfire and she knew how to fight. She was obviously strong willed and confident. I liked it. She made me want to break her. I decided then that I would test her. See if she could last longer than the other toys that I had kept in the past. I wanted to know how long it would take her to break.

Then Jackson had shown up and ruined everything at the same time that he made the game even more interesting. With the way that he protected the girl, it was obvious that she was his mate. The information had thrown me off my game. It was the only explanation I had. Any other day I would have whipped his ass like the pup he was, but the new information nearly made me giddy. She was the perfect play toy and hurting her would hurt my enemy.

Both of them were at fault for my interest in Cecilia. They had both increased my interest level from a single night of fun, to seeing how long it would take me to break the fiery girl. I had started making plans for getting her the minute I returned to my pack.

I had thought that today would be perfect. I'd been watching her constantly, waiting of the perfect moment to strike. She hadn't left her house for anything other than school in a week. And then she did. I jumped on the chance to strike.

She left alone, even parking a block away from the grocery store. I slunk into an alley next to the grocery store, knowing that she would have to walk past it to get back to her car. It was foolproof. Her mate was nowhere around to help her and she was a strong girl, but didn't stand a chance against my strength.

The vampire came out of nowhere. What did a vampire want with her anyway? She was mated to a werewolf and he could satisfy his thirst with any human wandering the streets at night. Why would he want mine? It had pissed me right off. She was mine!

I couldn't figure out how he had gotten the upper hand in the fight. I had killed plenty of vampires in my life and hadn't lost a fight with one before. There was no way that he should have been able to take me down. The only explanation that I could come up with was Cecilia. She must have been distracting me more than I realized. I would have to make sure that it didn't happen again.

I shifted as I approached my pack house and didn't bother finding clothes. I slammed through the front door angrily and my pack members scurried out of my way with their heads bowed in fear. They were pathetic mutts, but at least they knew their place. I doubted that Elijah and Jackson's members knew theirs.

I moved through them, heading for the stairs and yelling for my beta, Sam. "And somebody bring me some fucking aspirin!" I yelled down the stairs as I stalked towards my office. That vampire had given me one hell of a headache and trying to figure out how I was going to get my hands on Cecilia when she was being protected by werewolves and a vampire wasn't helping.

Sam promptly appeared in my office and took his usual seat in front of my desk as a mousy woman followed him in, carrying a glass of water and pills. "Here you go, Alpha," she murmured keeping her head bowed down and not looking at me.

She was hideous, but she was here and I needed some relief. I snatched the water and pills from her hands and snarled, "Get your ugly ass out of my office. Wait for me in my room."

She trembled fearfully but bowed her head again. "Yes, alpha," she whispered, turning to leave the room.

Sam gave me a disapproving look and I rolled my eyes at him as I swallowed the pills and put the glass down on the desk. Sam was too soft. That was the reason he wasn't the alpha of this pack. He didn't have the strength needed to take what he wanted and keep the pack in line.

"What did you need me for?" he asked, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms.

"I want a girl, but she's going to be hard to get to," I told him. "She's human, but she's strong-willed. A little spitfire."

Sam's face was questioning and disbelieving as he regarded me. "What could you possibly want with a human girl?" he asked of me. "You've got an entire pack of wolves, half of them women, that you can play with that might actually survive it."

I scoffed at him. "I don't want them. I want her. I want to listen to her scream, beg and plead. I want to break the girl and I want to cripple Jackson Walker while I do it!"

"What does Walker have to do with any of this?" Sam asked, his voice exasperated because his idiotic mind couldn't follow along.

"She's his mate, idiot!" I yelled at him.

Sam's face showed his shock and then realization struck him. He sat forward in excitement. "This is the chance we've been waiting for, Bane!" he exclaimed, his hands waving around. "Alice is too well protected to get our hands on, but a human girl that's probably not even staying with the pack? It's like taking candy from a baby's mouth!"

I nodded in agreement, glad that he was finally understanding what was going on. "I know that, Sam. And she doesn't live with the pack. She's still in high school and living with her clueless parents."

Sam rubbed his hands together, his face eager. "If we can get our hands on this girl, the entire Walker family will freak out trying to find and protect their precious human. It will give us an easy opening to take the whole pack down!"

"Exactly," I told him.

"So what do we do?" he asked, resting his elbows on my desk, his eyes cloudy as he tried to think, something that was probably incredibly difficult for him.

"Well, here's my plan..."

Please don't forget:
Vote•••Comment•••Share
Thank you!!