6 | Cecilia's Wolf

Cecilia

The game of catch was cut short suddenly when the skies opened and poured down the rain. We all ran for the cars, Jackson following me when I shouted that I could give him a ride back to his house.

Aiden gave me a slightly worried look and I smiled at him to reassure him that I would be fine. He let it go, turning back towards his car. I could only guess that it was because he hadn't seen anything to worrisome about Jackson while we were playing catch and that he knew I could defend myself if he was wrong and Jackson did try something. He needn't be worried, but I couldn't exactly tell him that Jackson would never hurt me because he was my werewolf mate.

"So, where should I take you?" I asked Jackson as we sat in my idling car.

"Your house," he replied, looking at me like the answer to my question was so obvious that he couldn't believe I was asking it.

"Did you forget that my dog 'ran away'?" I asked of him, turning slightly to face him a little more. "My parents aren't just going to let a random guy stay the night."

He sighed in aggravation, running his hands down his face. "Why can't you just be eighteen already?"

I raised an eyebrow at his statement. "And you think that even if I was eighteen, I would let you stay the night?" I asked of him.

He frowned at me. "We are mates you know."

I snorted. "That may mean something to you, buddy, but I'm human. One hundred percent completely and totally human! You're going to have to date me like a normal person, mister!"

His jaw dropped in shock. "I thought you understood all this!"

I laughed without humor, my hands slamming down on the steering wheel. "I'm not even close to understanding everything!" I yelled at him. I softened my voice slightly when his eyes widened from my tone. "I get that you think we are mates because you're a werewolf and all, but that's as far as my understanding goes. This is all extremely overwhelming."

"We will explain everything to you tomorrow," he told me gently.

"About that," I began, nervousness arising as I remembered his parting statement from earlier. "You really want to take me to meet your entire pack tomorrow? When I've just learned what you are?"

He nodded, reaching out to take my hand. "I know that this is all overwhelming for you, Cecilia," he told me, "I just feel like this might be easier for you to accept when you see that we're not totally different from humans. We can turn into wolves, sure, and we live in a pack, yeah, but other than that, we're pretty normal."

I snorted and he patted my knee. "You'll understand more tomorrow," he assured me.

I sighed, deciding to just go through with it. If it was all too overwhelming, I could always back out and tell him that I couldn't be with him. "So, where am I taking you?"

"Your house."

I glared at him again. "Did you pay any attention what so ever to the conversation we just had two seconds ago?"

He laughed at my anger. "I heard everything you said, and I understood it completely. However, if you take me to the pack house, everyone is going to want to meet you. Just take me to your house and I'll run back."

I felt kind of bad, making him run all the way back to his pack, but there was no way I was going to meet his whole pack today. He's a wolf. He'll be fine. "My house," I agreed, making him laugh again. I chose to ignore his amusement.

I had every right to be nervous. Me, a little human, surrounded by a bunch of werewolves. Anyone would be nervous if they were in my position. I didn't know anything about werewolves except for the fact that Jackson was one and that my dog was actually a werewolf.