Chapter VI - An Evening Stroll

The movie played on for an hour or so until it finally ended and the credits scrolled up on screen. The lights from the centre of the room slowly turned back on and I watched for a little second as people got up from their chairs and made their way out of the room.

'Well there you go doll. What did you think about it?' Cuphead instantly questioned me while turning his head to face mine.

'I loved it! I want to watch it again!' I responded with a huge smile plastered on my face.

'Me too!' Mugman piped up, excitement rushing out of his voice like a tornado.

'Golly, really?' Cuphead asked, looking at Mugman first then back down to me. 'You didn't think it was too cliché with the prince and the princess falling for each other the entire movie?'

'No, not at all.' I beamed, staring into Cuphead's eyes. 'In fact, I really enjoy those kinds of fairytales.'

'Oh you do?' Cuphead questioned with a suggestive tone. His smile grew wider as his eyelids half closed, giving me a sinister grin that looked a little lustful. I blushed a little while leaning to the opposite side of him.

'Aww!' Mugman squealed quietly with glowing eyes that were staring directly at us. Cuphead looked over at his brother with a dumbfounded look, almost as if he forgot where he was. He let out a little cough before moving his arm out from behind me, standing up and brushing off any popcorn crumbs from himself. He looked back at me again and raised his gloved hand towards me, offering to help me stand back up. I took it the offer without hesitation and placed my hand in his. Feeling him hold it a little tight, he pulled me up from my chair carefully and continued to hold my hand.

'Thank you.' I giggled, managing to do a slight curtsy while still having my hand held in his.

'Oh gee, if only I had someone to help me up.' Mugman joked, followed by a small laugh.

'Here, let me.' I giggled, offering my free hand to him.

'Why thank you.' He laughed as he held my hand and got himself up. Hand in hand with the both of them, Cuphead pulled us all along and out of the row of many chairs. It was so much fun hanging out with these two; they seemed to make me laugh and they were both really sweet towards me, especially Cuphead.

Once we were out of the theatre, we stepped back outside and Mugman decided to free my hand, but Cuphead didn't. He held onto it tenderly, tensing his fingers around mine a little whenever we walked into a crowd and someone got close to us. It almost felt as if he were protecting me or keeping me close to him, but why? It's not like I was going to wander off away from them.

As the three of us made our way back to their house, Cuphead stopped just in front of the door and looked down at his watch, having to release my hand doing so. He pondered at it for a while, making a 'Hmm' sound.

'What's wrong Cuphead?' Mugman questioned his brother as he reached out with a gloved hand to grasp the doorknob.

'Nothing.' Cuphead responded, taking a little step back from us. 'You know, I think I might want to walk around for a little while.'

'What? Why?' Mugman asked, tilting his head a little while looking at his brother. I figured if Cuphead was to take a little walk by himself, Mugman and I will enter inside the house. So, I quietly made my way past Mugman and inside the house, only to be stopped by Mugman tapping me on the shoulder. I turned my head around to face him and noticed he had a huge, cheesy smile on his face. He eagerly pointed towards Cuphead and I turned my whole body around to look at him.

'(Y/N), would you care to join me?' He called out with that big smile of his plastered on his face. I turned to face Mugman for a second, noticing his eyes looking like they were about to pop out of his head at any moment from excitement. I didn't really understand why Mugman looked so eager to await my response, but I guess he was just quirky like that.