17

The panicked phone call came from Shane in the early hours of our 4th night back in Glasgow, I groaned as the sound of Shane singing the hot daga song rang through my phone and I picked it up and held it to my ear.

"Ivy. The place is a mess, the windows smashed. Someone broke into the house." Shane spoke down the phone and I could hear voices in the background, I sat up quickly.

"Lilly and I will get the first flight home." I said and hung up the phone, I threw open my bedroom door and ran into Lilly's room where she was fast asleep, I quickly flipped the light switch and shook her awake.

"Fucking hell Ivy, it's 4 in the morning." She grounded and my heart plummeted.

"Lilly sometimes broken into the house." I managed to squeeze our without bursting into tears.

"What do you mean someone's broken into the house?" She asked, quickly sitting up and looking around.

"Shane just phoned and said someone's broken into the house, I said we'd get the next flight back." I said, turning around to be met by my parents.

"What's wrong love?" My mum questioned and before I could answer. My phone rang again and I put it on loud speaker.

"Okay, so Pep, Rex and Willow are okay and seem to be uninjured. Ryan and Helen have taken them to their place, but the place is an absolute mess Ivy. I don't know what happened, I left to go to the store and I came back and it was like this. None of the neighbours seen anything either." Shane explained and I just sighed.

"It's okay bub, I'll call you when we're at the airport. I love you." I said and I could hear him sigh at the other end of the phone.

"I love you too." He answered and I hung up the phone, thankful the animals were okay.

"Thank god the kids are alright." Lilly said, she quickly jumped up and started packing her things and I rushed to my room and started packing also. Once we had packed our things, my dad bought us the next flight to LA and drove us to the airport.

"I'm so sorry we had to leave." I said and he laughed and pulled away from our hug, hugging Lilly.

"This is much more important. Be safe and keep us updated." My dad reminded me and I nodded, giving him one last hug before Lilly and I made our way into the airport.

***

Once we landed in LA Ryan picked us up and took us to the house, police cars were outside and I could see the smashed window. My gut churned as we walked up to the house, I peered inside to see the photos on the walls smashed, the tv broken, the dogs and Willows beds and bowls either broken or thrown around the place. The minute I seen Shane, I hugged him.

"Are you okay love?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah I'm okay. I just don't understand what happened." He said and I nodded. A police officer came up to me and started asking questions, which I of course answered.

"Do you know anyone where there is bad blood between you both?" The Officer asked and the wind was basically knocked out of me, I didn't think about him until that very second. I looked to Lilly who wore wide eyes, it suddenly striking her too.

"My ex boyfriend." I whispered and the officer looked at me curiously.

"What's his name Miss?" The Officer asked and Lilly stepped in.

"His names Connor Williams." She said and I just turned around and walked into the house and up to my room. My heart dropped as I looked over the place, it was a mess. Photos were thrown about the place, my bed sheets were ripped off the bed, my window was smashed, my drawers were emptied on the floor, a photo of Shane and I that sat on my bedside take was smashed as ripped.

At this point, I sat on my bed and cried. Everything seemed to be going so well, I was so close to claiming back what was my own self, but now it was back to square one, back to being scared to walk out of my house or to go to work, back to hiding myself and hurting. I didn't want that.

Shane walked into the room and looked around, his eyes shifted from the photo i held in my hands to me. He sat down next to me and pulled me close to him. He pressed a kiss to the side of my head and I sobbed.

"I'm sick of it Shane, I'm sick of being scared to leave my house or be with people. He could have hurt the dogs or willow, or you." I said and he looked at me.

"Ivy I love you. I really love you." He said and wiped my tears away. I rested my forehead on his own and closed my eyes. "You can come stay at my place till things are sorted in here. Pepper can come too." He said and I smiled sadly.

"I'd like that." I whispered and he pressed a kiss to my lips before pulling away and looking around.

"Why don't we try and put some thing snack together. Then we can go back to my place and get some food. Lilly going to Richards." He added and I smiled and nodded. We started cleaning my room, picking up photos and clothes, putting away things from my drawers and examining my ripped bed sheets. By the end of the day I was both terrified and exhausted.

So I flopped down on Shane's bed and waited patiently for him to come into the room. One she did he climbed into the bed next to me and pulled me very close to him, Pepper slept on a make shift bed on the floor and I had covered her over with a blanket.

"Goodnight Ivy." Shane whispered, pressing a long kiss to my head.

"Goodnight Shane." I whispered back, cuddling closer to him, if that was even possible.