16

Lilly and I had been in Scotland for a day and I was happy back in Glasgow, my mum and dad lived in a pretty big house in Glasgow. It has been home since I was 4 and it was always nice to come back. My mum made Lilly and I Brownies for when we got home and Lilly of course jumped at the opportunity to eat them all.

"Ivy! Your Uncle Tom is gonna drop by at 5, so beware!" My mum warned me from the other room and I just laughed and shook my head.

My Uncle Tom brought me up when my mum got sick from the age of 6 to 14. He was like my second dad and I loved him like a dad. But after I left and stuff, his wife left him and he went pretty off the rails, but he was recovering now and seemed to be getting better.

"I love your Uncle Tom." Lilly smiled and I nodded towards her.

"So do I Lil." I answered back, turning back to the tv to watch the rerun of Gavin and Stacey. I spent the rest of the day until Uncle Tom came round, talking to my mum and dad about Shane and the new season of Unsolved.

"Where's my Niece!" A voice came from the door yelled and I smiled and jumped up, almost running into the hall to see my uncle. He looked different from the last time I seen him, his usual chubby stomach was thinner, his usual stubbly jaw was shaved and smooth and hair was messy and neat. I didn't stop that from me not running into his arms.

"I've missed you uncle Tommy." I whispered and he laughed.

"I've missed you too kid." He whispered and pulled away, looking behind me to I guess we Lilly.

"Don't think I've forgot about you Red head. C'mere!" He said loudly, motioning to Lilly to give him a hug which she did. I laughed as they pulled away and we all moved to the living room.

We talked for a while, about stuff and things, I had so much more I wanted to say but I didn't want to stop my parents from also catching up with my uncle. But I was almost a little bit happy when my parents had to leave to go to the shops and Lilly was going to meet up with some friends.

"How are you doing?" My uncle asked me as the door shut to the house and I smiled and nodded, crossing my legs and facing him.

"Better than I was. I can tell my mum and dad don't like talking about it." I said and he nodded.

"They feel bad for not being able to help more than they did."he said and I nodded sadly.

"How are you? You're looking healthier." I said and he laughed.

"I'm feeling it too. After Gina left, life seemed to only go up. I stopped drinking, stopped smoking, lost weight and started to work again. I've not felt this good in years, V." He said and I laughed.

"I'm glad your feeling better Uncle Tom, it's good to see you feeling better." I said and he just smiled towards me.

"So anyways, what have you been up to in LA, I've seen your videos and your Instagram. But what's going on behind the scenes?" He asked in a sneaky tone and I just laughed and leaned back on the couch.

"Well, nothing really. Obviously I have Shane and then we recently adopted a new dog Pepper, she's a sweetheart. We're filming right now for season four of Unsolved, our next location is Georgia I think." I said, nodding after I said it to clarity that was right.

"Nothing gives me more joy than to see you either up on the tv or on my phone. I feel like I had a part in that." He said and I just smiled warmly.

"You did, you had a big part in that. You were my biggest reason to go for what I believed in, you helped me reach for my dreams." I said and he just sighed and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm proud of you kid." He said tearfully.

"I'm proud of you too Uncle Tommy." My words were filled with affection, because this man shaped me into who I am today.

Once my Uncle Tom left, I was home along and left to think for a while until Lilly came home. I walked into my old room where I was sleeping, I picked up some papers that had been there since high school. I looked under my bed and found some magazines and love notes from my high school boyfriend. I laughed loudly and shook my head, placing them back under my bed.

Lilly walked into the room and smiled. She sat down on my bed next to me and looked around my room, her eyes landing on the couch that was directly across from my bed. She placed her head on my shoulder and I rested my head on her own.

"I spent so many nights on that couch, infact at times I spent weeks on that couch or in your bed." She said and I looked sadly, the couch holding both good and bad memories.

"Remember when you punched Mason Grieves in the face and came straight here and spent the night, because you were to proud to go home." I laughed and Lilly laughed also.

"He wouldn't take no for an answer, so I had to resort to violence." She laughed and I just laughed harder, we both fell back on my bed. Laughing at the most in funniest thing ever. Once we had calmed down we just stared at the ceiling, not saying anything but instead thing about everything. But finally I looked over to Lilly and smiled warmly at her as she looked back to me.

"I love you." I said and she smiled.

"I love you too." She said and we laughed again, because for once. Life was going well, or so we thought.