Chapter Forty Three - The Host Clubs Little Problem

"And those go in the center buildings main salon, Okay?" Kaoru tells one of the main people assisting us in the set up for the ouran fair.

"All right," The man says as he carries the heavy box off.

"Hey be careful with that," Kaoru corrects one of the people helping.

"Uh, aren't school fairs meant to be, I don't know, more about students proudly showcasing unique things they made by hand?" Haruhi asks in disbelief and mild annoyance at the grandness of the fair. Her, Kyoya, and I were more spectating.

"Perhaps for a mere average school, yes," Kyoya says, "but at Ouran, the emphasis is on planning and leader ship skills. Keep in mind. Most of our students are being groomed in the position of leadership, so they're required to showcase talent for proper mobility not arts and crafts."

"Oh..." Haruhi says finally seeming to understand.

"This showcase is all of the students together attempting to prove to parents we are ready to take over companies," I tell her, "even my parents will be here."

"Whoa whoa!" Hikaru exclaims as he pulls the horse drawn carriage to a halt.

"You're doing so good Hikaru!" I cheer slightly. Still wanting to run up and kiss him. But the fact we were still majorly hiding us dating was still there.

"Nicely done," Mori says to him, "you handled the reigns like a pro."

"Haru-Chan!" Honey yells cheerfully.

"Climb on board!" Tamaki says from the back with honey, "we're rehearsing for the big Ouran Fair Parade!" We all climb into the carriage and I settle in the front with Hikaru and Mori. I smile slightly at the boy as he handles controlling the animals well. The girls as we run the practice route gush over the sight happily.

"Look look it's the Host Club!"

"Oh wow! It's right out of a fairy tale!"

"How romantic!"

"Can we have a ride two?"

"Hey, you know, you've gotten pretty good at this," Kaoru says to his twin as he leans up from the back to between Hikaru and I.

"Well, just because we're twins doesn't make us both good drivers," Kaoru says as he moves back in his seat.

"It's kind of neat having us all together like this for a carriage ride, huh?" Honey asks cheerfully.

"Yeah whatever," Haruhi says seeming to not be into it.

"Oh and for the actual parade tomorrow, we'll be in 18th century french costumes," Tamaki informs us. I groan slightly. "You're outfit will be especially opulent, Haruhi."

"Oh wonderful," Haruhi says sarcastically.

"Wasn't that during the times when they executed aristocrats and royals during the revolution?" I ask Tamaki as I look back. He just smiles awkwardly. The clock chimes loudly over all the other noise.

"Ah, the fairs opening ceremony has started," Tamaki says with excitement radiating off of me.

"Huh?" Haruhi asks quietly.

"Let's make this fair the best one yet," Tamaki says.

"Sounds good to me," Haruhi says 400x more cheerful than before. I lean my head on Hikaru's shoulder. It will be the best fair we've ever had.

****

"Now remember, as part of the fair, the Host Club will be open to parents and visitors for the next two days, which means we will need to be even more charming than usual," Tamaki says as we all gather in costume before the doors open, "let's get ourselves out there and show our guests the time of their lives." I smile happily at the other hosts before holding Hikaru back. He leans down and gives me a quick peck.