Beginning

For Raven Howlett, things are not always as they seem. She was born in 1796 with her twin brother, Logan Howlett, though people knew him as the Wolverine. She had been supposedly killed in 1919, resurfacing in 1940 to help Captain America and James "Bucky" Barnes in World War II. Neither of her two brothers, Victor nor Logan, knew she was still alive, and they mourned for her. She had seen them in the war, fought by their side, but used normal weapons instead of the ones she was born with. She had become friends with the two male Howletts, not that they knew who she really was. She had kept her first name, Raven, at the same time, dropping her last name completely.

    Her assistance in the wars she had fought in was greatly appreciated, even though she was a female. She had become great friends with Agent Peggy Carter, who was a strong woman who wasn't afraid to jump in the line of fire. After Captain America was frozen in the ice to save the world, and Bucky disappeared, being taken by HYDRA, Raven was alone. She hadn't seen her two brothers leave right after the war. Years later, Raven herself was snatched by the terrorist group, HYDRA. They had chopped off her right arm and replaced it with a mix of vibranium and adamantium. She was the new fist of HYDRA, though she resisted constantly. Eventually, HYDRA grew tired with having to fight her to get her to do a mission, so they released her. Yes, they could brainwash her, but she did her best to resist even that, though she always failed in the end, completing her mission.

    Without a home and without friends or family, Raven was all alone. So she took her longevity and young looks and decided to go to a school in 2018.

    There, she became a junior in high school, making quick friends with another girl. She had frizzy brown hair and a bright smile at all times, plastered on her face. Her silver moon necklace was just visible under her uniform shirt, peeking out from behind the collar. Her eyes shone with a happiness that not much could put out. She always had something to say, whether you wanted to listen or not. This girl's name was Rebel Wilson (no relation to Sam Wilson). They were surprisingly good friends.

    Over time, Raven trusted Rebel enough to tell her some of her past. She told Rebel about her two mutant brothers, showed her her claws and healing factor. Told her about the vibranium and adamantium skeleton she had been given in HYDRA, along with the arm. Told her of Captain America and James Barnes. She told of how she had been mind-controlled to go on missions and kill people, no matter how hard she tried to resist. Rebel, going against everything that Raven believed would happen, stayed by her side and helped her cope with it all. The two became inseparable and were hardly ever seen without each other.

    Then it all changed.