Egypt, 35 BC

*Levi's POV*

I watched that brat from the throne room praticing his archery. He's not half bad. But then he looked at me, like he wanted my fucking approval for something so commonplace as shooting an arrow into a target. Tch. The little brat is something else.

So here we are, sitting down for a feast and to discuss Rome and Egypt's future. I hardly payed attention to any of it, poking at the strange food they served, but I'm not going to be rude and not eat it. I noticed something from the corner of my eye when finally I realized that damned brat was sitting next to me. I stared down at him, a bit bewildered as to how he managed to sneak over to my side without my noticing before hand. Sneaky brat....

"Hello," he said quietly, not wanting to disturb his mother and Erwinian's conversation. "I'm Erendel. What's your name?"

I couldn't ignore the brat now, damn....Sighing I, answered reluctantly.

"I am Levi."

"What god are you, Levi?" He asked, looking up at me with those wide eyes. 

"What does that mean?"

"You are pale, and you command for people to listen to you with your disapproving face," he said. "So surely, someone so displeased with humanity is a god."

I rolled my eyes. Honestly, this kid had to be joking. "I am not a god. I am human, like everyone else here."

He didn't seem convinced, but didn't press the matter. "I saw you, watching me practice. Did it please you?" He asked, clearly hoping for a yes. It was plastered on his face how desperate he was for approval. I sighed, getting a bit annoyed. 

"No."

He looked astonished, and almost hurt. But his face quickly changed from hurt to a frown.

"I wish to please you, Levi. What must I do to please you, and have you approve of me?" He said, turning his whole body to me.

"Erendel!" His mother called out. "I am deeply sorry, he is a curious boy. Child, come. sit back down at your place." She said, gesturing for him to move.

Erendel began to protest, he and his mother having a conversation in Egyptian. After a sharp warning from her, he fell silent, moving back over to the other side of the table. I sighed quietly, but the brat kept staring at me. Damn him.

I knew he was not going to leave me alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Erwinian and I were led to our own rooms within the rather beautiful palace. I groaned gratefully as I laid down on the bed inside when I heard giggling. The hell....? I sat up to come face to face with some scantily clad servant girls by the door. Right. Frowning, I sent them on their way, wanting some peace and quiet for once. 

I usually cannot stand pools of water, but the pool directly outside my room was calling my name. I sighed as I slowly dipped myself into it after having stripped down to nothing, my body jerking at the cool water before relaxing like so. I sighed again, laying my head back against the wall of the pool, unaware of the footsteps coming toward me. I only noticed when I opened my eyes to see the bright eyes of Erendel loooking down at me. 

I immediately jerked up. "Erendel," I growled, whipping around to face him. "What the hell are you doing, sitting there above me?" I asked harshly. He didn't flinch, only bringing his tanned knees to his chest. 

"Mother said I could go swimming before I went to sleep. I did not expect anyone else to be here," he said, now with red burning his cheeks and looking embarrassed. That was when I noticed the kid only had on a thin towel around his waist. 

Now, there are some men back in Rome who were  into having little boys mixed into their harems or using them as little play toys, but I personally was never suited to the idea. But seeing him, with his eyes so mesmerizing and bright, the pool reflexing the moonlight from off the water and making his eyes glow, his tan skin and his hair, how his figure was small yet somewhat sturdy for a pre-teen-- it made me re-evaluate my position. No, what was I thinking? He's royalty, I can't just cart him around like some servant, besides, those types of relationships may be frowned apon here.....but....he had said earlier that he wanted to please me....no, stop it. Stop there. There is no way you will be with this boy, I said to myself, frowning. 

"Well, I apologize. I'll go. You can have the pool to yourself," I gruffed, moving to get out of the water. Remembering that I was a bit nude, I reached for a towel.

"You don't have to go,' he said, shifting his position. "I do not mind sharing." Erendel moved to get in the pool, but I stopped him.

"Yes, and I appreciate the offer. But I do not want to be rude. You are a prince, and I must respect that like everyone else." I said, moving to get my towel again. He grabbed my hand, looking at me dead in the eye.

"Then as our guest, I demand you stay."

Damn. 

I gave him a look, showing him my disapproval, hoping his whole 'He's a god, I must gain his approval' thought process would make him reconsider. But he did not waver, only moving to get into the water with me. That little shit. I grunted, now feeling like my power had been taken from me by this bratty kid, as he wafted his hands through the water before going under and starting to swim. I was trying not to watch, but the little brat intrigued me. My eyes watched his slim body move through the water like a fish, his movements sleek and graceful. I watched as he reached the other side and popped up from the water, shaking off the droplets and taking in huge gulps of air before he dove back down. And I watched him return, swimming right toward me.

When he surfaced the second time, he was right in front of me. I looked at him, he looked at me, and slowly reached out, touching my lips. I shivered as a drop of water trailed down from his fingers, my eyes meeting his. Before I knew it, he was leaning into me. What was this brat doing? What was I doing? I made no move to stop him as he pressed his lips to mine. No, I did the complete opposite. I let him. 

The kiss wasn't long. It was quick, whispy, yet lingering. I hadn't noticed I'd closed my eyes until they fluttered open, looking at his beautiful orbs. 

He was perfectly still for a moment, then gave me a smile. 

"I have pleased you."