Egypt, 35 BC

Levi and his superior, Erwinian, have started their journey to Egypt, to meet with the current ruling family about combining the two empires. Levi finds this whole trip to be a waste of time, but he obviously cannot go against Erwinian's commands in this regard. He is just happy Hangeia was told to stay behind.

 *Levi's POV*

So here we are, in this hot and dry land of Egypt. Despite that, it is a very beautiful land. The Nile keeps the crops and people watered, and they are very technologically advanced here. Maybe it wont be so bad. But still. I'm sure there is filth around here somewhere. 

As Erwinian and I ride our chariot toward the Pharoah's palace, the native people here begin to follow us. 

"Tch...what are these simple people doing?" 

"Calm down, Levi. It is normal here to greet guests from outside the land." Erwinian 'assures' me. I roll my eyes anyway. 

"They'd better keep their filthy hands off my chariot. Tch."

"No one will touch your chariot, Levi...."

As the palace gates open, we are immediately greeted by tall and dominanting statues of the various gods the Egyptians worship. The Sun God, The God of Death......they all stand over the palace, like huge overbearing statues of pure emptiness. I have studied the Egyptian beliefs and what they believe about their 'gods'. It sounds like even more horse shit than our Roman gods. Tch. I'm surrounded by idiots. 

After a huge greeting from the Egyptian court, we are  lead to the throne room, where we are properly presented to the ruling family. 

"Queen Carliti, Prince Erendel, Princess Miakisi, I present to you the Roman messengers and advisers to the Roman throne, Erwinian and Levi." A built and tan man with the Egyptian headress bellows from a stand. We bow, and the Queen begins to speak.

"I apologize, my husband, our beloved god, is not here. He is on a hunting conquest to the north. But I am perfectly capable of handling your affairs while he is gone. What is it you seek?"

Erwinian begins to speak about our trip, and I let him. I honestly have no interest in these people or their life. My eyes roam around the room until they meet another pair, that are staring directly at me. They are filled with curiosity and life, bluer than the clear waters of the Nile, yet greener than the whisps of papyrus grass that grew near the life giving river. And a tinge of sun bright yellow. these colors swirled in the irises of the Queen's son, Erendel. He had the native tan skin of the Egyptians, and his hair was cut a bit differently than the customary shave head and ponytail that royal males wore. His head was shaved, but not completely. It was hard to describe, but his hair was a brilliant brunette sheen. He looked about twelve, but why....was he staring at me like that? I guess I would stand out, being as pale as I was, but he didn't seem to stare at me in confusion. It was a look of wonder, maybe slight admiration, I couldn't quite place it. But his eyes, they murmured to me. 

"I want to know more about you. Why do you not speak? Say something. I want to know you, this foreigner from the place called Rome."

Shit, the little brat has me caught up in his gaze. I ripped my eyes away from him, moving on to something else. The small girl, who was on the other side of the Queen, kept giving me this death glare. The hell? I moved back to looking at the Queen,, who was concluding her conversation with Erwinian.

"Very well. I would be honored to have you and your companion join us for an evening feast." She was saying, a smile of grace on her lips.

"We would be honored to attend," Erwinian responded, bowing. I did the same, and we were then lead toward the exit.

I could feel somene burning a hole into my head. Turning back, that bratty kid was still staring at me. 

"God, what do you want brat?"

"I want to know who you are." His eyes said to me. He would have stared for hours, I'm sure, but his mother began shuffling them both out of the throne room.

"Tch....stupid brat." I muttered to myself.

"What's that, Levi?"

"Nothing Erwinian. Just talking to myself."