Stutter out LOUD!

Chapter 2: Stutter out LOUD!

Falling in love takes only one fifth of a second.

 Researchers recently turned brain scanners on people to find out the effects of love on brain. And what did they find? They found out that Love can affect your brain similarly to cocaine.

See I was either high at the moment I saw her, or just fell in love. I took the second chance.

Angela has always been nice and friendly to all– that’s what I have heard. She was a smart student that could compete with me on the first rank even though I doubted that.

Nonetheless, she looked a typical girl like all of the girls I knew.

“Hello there” was her first initiative talk to me with an innocent little smile planted on her round face, and I greeted her back with confidence.

Well I didn’t have problem talking with girls at all. Actually I was close friends with many of them, and one of my best friends is Cerena. She’s an awesome caring friend who helped me in very difficult situations. Nothing can be written beside her name but “Hats off Girl!”

To be honest, the problem I had in class was in reading or answering something out loud. That’s when shit happens. I just couldn’t match up a good sentence for God sake. The second I start talking, I begin to STUTTER. Every new school year, new students start to laugh hysterically at this incident; however, I couldn’t care less. This nightmare has been chasing me since Kindergarten. And NO, it wasn’t a matter of self-confidence at all. Friends have always called me Mr. Ego due to my high self confidence in debates and arguments.  It was just my special built in option that made me Raghid Bsat, a student of MK High School.

Other than that, I used to speak clearly and fluently with friends in class, recesses, or outside school. The curse only begins with teachers, grocery store owners, strangers..

Due to that, I didn’t volunteer to read at all and answered with really small concise sentences that were right and meant something.

Angela spent her time in class either focusing with the teacher, or laughing with JOHN.

Yeah, he was her best friend since grade six, unfortunately...I couldn’t do anything about it, and I had to respect their close friendship even though my NEW crush is best friends with the class clown-wannabe.

School schedule was from 8:00 till 2:40; consisted of two recesses that summed up our 50 minutes break, 7 sessions, and a couple of minutes that we yelled, faught, or laughed until the teacher comes. They were the best actually, miracles can happen there..

Mrs. Jacey has to take a long walk on the bridge coming from 7th grade to reach us. She is a bit old now too which made it even longer. Thus, it was our 5minute break till she reaches class.  As the class was yelling, I was looking from the window not caring much. Suddenly, I saw her looking at me with a puzzled look, as if I was a wrecked rubik cube.

Now I know I should have done the first move, but she was faster than me, A bit weird huh? In my opinion, I wanted to watch her out from a far distance, and then see if she’s worth it. “So how things are going?” She started the conversation and I can see hints of excitement in her eyes. The chat went on till the teacher came, I got to know more about her life and family, well so as her. She was the biggest between her siblings that consisted from a younger sister and brother; I was the smallest. She spent most of her time sleeping in free times; I avoided quick naps. She hated biology a lot and preferred math; I loved it dreadfully.  I couldn’t care less though to what I heard because I was enjoying the conversation. I wondered in my mind: "Do opposites really attract? Yes they do" - Unfortunetly

In the end, SHE asked for my phone number which I gave her gladly.

Mrs. Jacey came a bit mad from the kids since they never calm down in class. She began the session with the statement: “Open your Chemistry books to page 34, Raghid start reading the objectives please.” Trying to ignore panic and nervousness, I held the book with eyes of faith as my mind said: “It’s just one small paragraph! You’ve read tons of those!” I remembered how Ms. Abby used to help me with her Speech therapy sessions and her quick techniques to face such stuff, so I took a deep breath and started reading:

<<The SSSSSScience of Atommmms ! Wwwwwhat a wonderful Thing ….to learn about! In Thhhhis experiment, we will see the different Pppparts of. An atom that consisted from the neutrons.......protons, and electrons. >>

The class showed a stereotypical reaction; silent giggles, weird looks, and annoying stares. Yeah, I failed- miserably. It was okay though because I got used to that and didn’t care much to what was happening behind me. However, I quickly looked beside me, Angela was sitting right there smiling and told me:”Continue please!” I felt in a relief, all the panic suddenly vanished away and happiness invaded my soul. “Nah that’s enough for today” I told her as I laughed involuntarily.

Leave your comments guys please. Thanks in advance ! :)