Freshmen Rules

With each chapter passing, you will try to imagine what was really happening back then. As to me, I did that, and now, all the magic that was between us has stopped flashing. A sudden command by her has shut down all my love veins that were shouting by your name.

Chapter 1:

Having all these memories, I grabbed a sheet of paper and started writing. Not caring less to our outer world, it felt as almost a new universe: my copybook, pencil, and I. It was nothing but a fantasy prevailed by the mean technology we are facing today... I remembered one famous quote I like to recall :

So many people prefer to live in drama because it's comfortable. It's like someone staying in a bad marriage or relationship - it's actually easier to stay because they know what to expect every day, versus leaving and not knowing what to expect.- Ellen Degeneres

Too much drama hurts they say, and too less can make life surprising. It will lead you nowhere. Best of all is to balance, and keep it this way whenever and wherever you go.

As far as I can tell, it was a normal day. My daily routine in the morning couldn't be less boring; and the beginning of the school was just a bit more. It was just what I expected yet...

Nonetheless, I started my typical day with a smile, granted for sure I'll do well in sophomore class. I have always been the smartest kid in my class, and I wasn't the mainstream stereotypical kind of smarty pants. No, I didn't strive on books; I didn't live to study; I had a social life. I used to spend my weekend outside. I couldn't care less to school or so. All I wanted to do was to get high grades so that I can help my parents in financial issues.

The bus arrived, with Abo Rami's natural smile glowing in my face: "Sabaho" greeting me with joy. I replied with glad: "Yeseido". Mostafa was sitting beside me, in the front seat, listening to his average Arabic songs as I can say. His type never suited mine, so I stood away of his crazy musical type. All we talked about was yesterday night's football matches, how Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi fought to win the La liga, and how Bayern Munchen was heading to win the cup as easy as eating cake.

Nothing changed, everything was the same. Mac was sitting just right behind me in the bus holding a cigarette, Kevin was talking out loud and screaming by how much he had gone drunk last night, and the best of all, the same old girly gossips in the mornings.

"I kept on seeing him look at me while he was with that other girl...Do you think he was just doing that to make me jealous?"

They will never get old... They will always remind me how much girls loved to talk and talk and talk all the day... As the bus parked, I yawned once again and glanced the old building:

"So you never changed, huh? " It was the same old 50 rocky stair steps we had to climb everyday to reach what we've asked for since kindergarten. School has always been important to me and formed a tight part of my life. Here we go, once again, a new year, filled with laughter, tears, grudges, crushes, and curses.

New teachers and the same old classmates I had last year were about to enter my class. Attitudes have changed after the Brevet Finals; we were considered grownups now, and every action we took we had great responsibility on. However, the truth is that at this stage of life, you could barely differentiate from what are good and bad. Experience teaches you that, not aging.

So far so good as it was going very well and I couldn't tell yet which friends to go with this year. Everyone seemed to have that black spot in him/her. I had to agree on someone or I'll get stuck lonely this year. So I chose them all, from Abby to Zeus, and didn't let anyone down as I got friendly with them all. Only 3 new people entered my class as Makassed was passing through a rough year that lacked of students and the ambition to join it. Everyone preferred something else; and the whole new concept of "Balance" is yet to be discovered by us "humans".

Picture the class like this: "a candy store filled with lots and lots and lots of delicious candy. Each and every one of them had a unique taste, odor, and shape. Each one of them was classified as something; chocolate crunchy kisses, chocolate bars, lollipops, sour candy aside, and the red lickerish sticks. All were classified into shelves equally, labeled by their names, given PRICE TAGS, and organized by the store owner. The lollipops sat alone and the chocolate bars took the other side of the shelf.

I grabbed a seat beside the window where the cool breezes of the afternoon can send me to a portal of oblivion and relaxation, and the sea view mesmerizes me however I looked. Moreover, this place has other privileges that can grab you as soon as you enter class. The sweet smell of the sea was out of this world; it had always been so vivid and refreshing as it was my potion for everyday fatigue mornings. This has always been my favorite place to sit in class, regarding the awful smell of garbage bursting out from the Garbage Mountain.

Everyone fought for this place, but not literally. See when you want something; you have to do something to gain it. You can't just come to class and start yelling IT'S MY SEAT! Other people deserve what they work for and it's not anyone's right to stop that. Being the smartass of the class, I was the first to arrive early for the first period and choose whatever seat I desired. "No thank you" was my reply to John as he entered the class demanding my seat. "Pssshhht, you can have the one in the corner, it was made especially for the reckless students like you!" Sending him an innocent clear smile, all the class laughed involuntarily, and the teacher was just about entering class. So he turned away and kept on seat-hunting.

Well I don't hate John.. Actually I don't really hate anyone, it's just that we don't mix. You can never add sugar and salt in a crepe together, and - unfortunately - you can't join John and I.

In fact, John and I were really close friends 3 years ago. I used to spend almost every with him playing video games or watching TV. I used to give him special tutoring courses too. However, times have changed, and distances can really break down a tight relationship. After he moved from my neighborhood, we stopped talking much even though we stayed in the same class the whole long time.

Sitting in front of the teacher, I can see the whole class when I look behind. Everything was the same. The whole class didn't change. Eating in the back of the class, squeaky talks and foolish gossips in the middle, same old bulletin board that had Chemistry posters, and me; staring at all of this with the looks of a eagle. Except her.

She has always been in the second section for years, until we got to freshmen year. And now, she was sitting right beside my seat. She had an adorable smile that you could gaze through for centuries and never look back. Her black hair was dazzling into series of waves as if each wave was sending positive vibes that attracted me more toward her.

She had two dark brown eyes that I pictured shiny gemstones ready to be sold for trustworthy customers to cherish and treasure. I was struck by the symptoms of love, getting drunk every time I take a quick glance at her. I felt that" Love from first sight" had cast its curse on me and hypnotized my brains to bring me down to its quiet chamber of delusions.

Second part update coming soon, please comment if you like this one and if you didn't . Thanks in advance :)