1.3 - nara

"can we record the demo for nara next?" taehyung pled as we finished up editing my version of why for them to keep on file.

i said nothing and instead looked between hoseok and seokjin. "it's not up to me, baby tae."

"did you just call him 'baby tae'?" hoseok asked, completely disregarding taehyung's pleading.

"i believe she did." seokjin nodded, a small frown tugging at his lips.

"why does my nickname matter?" taehyung whined, stretching out and tugging at hoseok and jin's sleeves. "hyuuuuuung.."

"i want a nickname." hoseok pouted a little and turned his head away from where taehyung and i sat.

"me too." seokjin pursed his lips and looked away as well, "it's not fair."

"guys!" tae wiggled in his seat in annoyance.

"how about this," i reasoned, tapping both boy's foreheads gently, also drawing taehyung's attention. "i'll record the updated version of nara for baby tae, and while i do that, you two can think of nicknames you would want. how's that sound?"

"perfect!" both seokjin and hoseok smiled brightly, and taehyung nodded enthusiastically. 

"great." i patted all three of their heads and stood from my chair, cracking my knuckles. "load the track up and get ready and i'll head in, mm?"

"okay!"

and then i was in the recording room with the headphones half on again, letting the rap for the song come naturally.

i looked up part way through and made eye contact with the boys through the window, all of which had surprise written across their faces.

"we on some risky shit huh?

y'all really wanna start this shit, huh

well... alright

i'm a strategist, fuck you in here talking bout 'practices'

i'll kick your ass then steal your bitch

don't take more than a shadow jutsu to flip this shit

everybody callin team 10 for help

ranked number one of the konoha 11

fuck you mean i'm 'on the shelf'

i do what's needed but don't ask for much more

anything other than the necessities is just a chore

but when we get this shit done, we stay up on one

every time, every day, it's all the same

mendokuse"

i continued on with the song, letting myself fall into the vibe as if it was second nature to me. the lyrics came easily, following the same pattern of provocation and casual bragging. there were a few japanese lyrics thrown in as well, to really accentuate the song and it's theme.

the track ended after a while and we recorded the background vocals for a while before i finally came back out.

taehyung immediately pulled me to him in an excited hug, shouting lots of 'thank you!'s at me, while seokjin and hoseok gave approving nods and patted my back.

"now... about those nicknames.." seokjin prompted, clapping his hands together as i took my seat again.