taste of the beach

the second time.

(pt. I)

February 2012

My nails are bitten down the their nailbed and that should really tell you something because I'm never nervous enough to bite my nails.

I'm currently waiting to get off the plane to visit Ana and York.

Realistically speaking, I shouldn't be so worried.

But also realistically speaking, River is York's best friend, and I'm almost certain I'll have to encounter him at some point. Especially since we are here for York's birthday.

Why? I don't know. York doesn't even like me, and Blaze is still away 'exploring his options,' and didn't make it to this trip. It's the beginning of February but I don't have to worry about school, since I do my schooling online. I've done school online since the seventh grade, and my mother was completely onboard with it as long as I left her alone.

Anyway, we are now flying in for a week for York's birthday tomorrow, which is Friday. His party, according to my mother, will be Saturday. I doubt my mother and Ana will even attend the party; meaning I doubt York will let them. According to stories and such, York is rather popular, which means River probably is too. My mum will never let me follow her and my aunt to wherever they're going to hide off at, and they'll leave me to fend for myself at this party.

I found myself trailing mindlessly after my mum through the terminal. If I were to say my thoughts weren't completely packed full of thoughts of and about River, I'd be a stone cold liar.

He wouldn't talk to me, that was sure. I had probably humiliation and or freaked the hell out of the poor boy. God, I was an idiot. I prayed for both of us that my mother or aunt didn't try to get us to talk. He wouldn't ever talk to me again, if it were up to him, I'm sure.

"Vanity Faith!"

My head snapped up, and before I could register who said my name, I was folded into a protective hug. Hands found their way to my waist, and I was hoisted into a carried position. On instinct, my legs wound themselves around the culprits waist.

"Hi Van," he said huskily, and in a few mere moments of confusion, River's lips crashed into mine. Whether or not confusion clouded my brain and stuck to my subconcious like jelly, I kissed him back.

I melted into his arms as his mouth worked in fantastic patterns with mine. Before I granted his tongue entrance, I took his cheeks in my hands, and pulled his face away from mine. Before he could say anything, I pressed my damp lips to his nose. Keeping my palms clamped to his cheeks, I began peppering sticky kisses all over the surface of his face.

I planted one last kiss on his mouth, and grinned like a madman. "Hi River."

I may have been mistaken, but I swear I heard him mutter, "Best fucking idea ever," to himself.

"Couldn't wait to see me, huh?" I grinned, unable to peel the smile from my face. River let me get to my feet, but immediatley after, I felt his fingers interlace with mine. He didn't seem to make a big deal of it, but I couldn't help but do I mental happy dance. I loved holding hands.

"Almost marched on that plane to get you out myself," he replied, cheeky as ever. I took notice that not only River and Ana were here, but York as well. York had his signature scowl pinched on his lips, and my cheeks began heating as realization that they had all witnessed that encounter hit me like a damn semi.

"Are we planning on swiping it all under the rug?" I whispered, referring to the elephant in the room. I expected River to frown, or scold me for bringing up someone that neither of us wanted to talk about. But being River, he did the least expected thing possible.