Chapter 6: Uneasy

I don't understand why people feel the need to stare at me now. The entire school knows my boyfriend is now stationed but is that really a good reason to stare me down and make me uncomfortable? People here are so unsupportive.

I drag through the next periods, fitness and calculus, and after what felt like forever its finally my lunch break. Lynzee and Johnathan meet me in the parking lot. John puts his arm around me, "no ones gonna mess with you" and I thank him, while looking over to the home coming poster. I sigh and look away. We all get in the car, "next stop, taco bell because I said so" Lynzee says, she knows its one of my favourites.

We all order our usual and sit in silence on our phones, Brooklyn usually started conversation. I text Natalie to see if she's doing okay and check my instagram notifications. Everything is about Brooklyn and it becomes too much to handle, forcing me to put my phone down.

I pick at my fries until the others finish and then we all get back in the car, I notice Johnathan and Lynzee holding hands and it gives me an uneasy feeling in my stomach which I didn't expect. I look down at Brooklyn on my phone screen, its only been a day, not even. I can't picture how I can go on like this. I look up and stare out the window as it beings to rain like some sad movie. Great, just great. "Are you okay?" Lynzee asks me, and all I can do is nod my head yes, hoping she can see from her mirror. I'm fighting tears at this point and I'm not allowing them to fall. At least not this time, not in front of them.