SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN 

I walk in the hospital. I knew Stiles would be here as mum had told me he had a concussion. He was almost killed last night with Lydia around the same time that I was almost killed. What is the coincidence of that? 

I bit on my lower lip, wandering through the hallways. I mean, I don't know what I'm going to say to him, but I guess now that I've forgiven Scott, I need to forgive Stiles. Or, at least, talk to him, get answers to why I was left out. Then I could see if I'm still at him. 

I do admit, I miss him, incredibly. It's officially been the longest time we've been together without. God, I've been such a horrible person. "Stacey?" I look up and saw mum who was standing in the hallway as I was. It's a small hospital, I'm not surprised we bumped into each other. Plus, she works here. "Hey, what are you doing here?" 

"I'm looking for Stiles," I admit to her, giving her a small smile. "You said he almost got killed last night so... I came to check up on him." Mum smiled at me softly, walking towards me. 

"Come with me," Mum wraps an arm around my shoulder and I snuggle into her slightly as we walk down the hallways. "He's okay, and he's in this room," she opens the door and lets go of me as I stand outside. 

"You find a tape player?" I hear Stiles ask, making me smile. I missed his voice.

"No," Mum answered. "But I found someone looking for you." Mum stepped back, pressing her back to the door, and I revealed myself. Stiles had stood up, looking kind of stunned seeing me here. 

"Hey," Stiles softly greeted, as I stepped into the room some more. I turn around and saw mum close the door, and I pressed my lips together. 

"I heard you almost got killed." I started. 

"I heard you almost got killed," Stiles repeated back. Great, now things are just awkward. 

"You okay?" I asked. 

"Brunski punched me in the face, turns out he was a serial killer," Stiles explained. I was suddenly filled with anger. Stiles was hurt

"Makes sense," I finally said, releasing that anger. I hope Brunski is killed. Now the anger's released. 

"Yeah," Stiles softly trailed off. "What about you?" 

"We almost got set on fire," I explained my situation. 

"Everyone okay?" Stiles asked. Wow, I've never felt this awkward with Stiles in my entire life. And we're pretty awkward people in general. 

"Basically," I answer. "But you know... Derek saved our asses, no surprise there." 

It was silent between us before Stiles breaks it. "You okay?" 

"I'm fine," I told him honestly. It was then silent again. "I'm gonna go," I couldn't stand this. So, I turned around. 

"You don't have to," Stiles told me. 

I turn around to him. "I should go,"

"Okay," Stiles agreed and I turned to the door and twisted the handle. it wouldn't budge. 

"It's locked," I stated the situation, mum locked us in

"Why would she lock the door?" Stiles murmured softly, walking towards the door and I step back a little and he tried budging the door opened, but it wouldn't move. My heart raced slightly as we were standing close, something we haven't done in a long time. "Uh... hey, Melissa? Melissa." 

"Mum?" I call, and banged on the door, Stiles looked down at me. "Why would she lock the door?" I demand, turning around, away from Stiles and walked near the center of the room. 

"Maybe she didn't mean to," Stiles suggested. 

"You don't just accidentally lock a door," I scoff. 

"Okay, well, maybe she wasn't thinking, excatly," Stiles continued on. "Or wasn't thinking it through you know? People sometimes do things without thinking them through." 

"Then mum's stupid," I muttered. 

"No, even smart people can do stupid things." Stiles tried again. Why is he defending mum? "You know cause they think that it's the right thing. And I don't think we should hold it agaisnt her, you know, for the rest of her life! Especially because she's tried apologizing hundreds through texts and voicemails," the ones I've ignored. Now, I realize what this is about. 

"Is she gonna keep begging?" I asked, stepping forward to him, cocking my head slightly.  

"She might." Stiles takes another step forward. Stiles then took another step forward, closing the gap between us. "Do you hate me?"