TWO

TWO 

Finally, reaching our destination, which was the church Braeden had stopped the motorbike. Scott and I jump off, and down below were the Church. The place where you won't find God. "La iglesia." Braeden told us, and there were buildings that were destroyed around it the church seemed to be the only thing standing.  

"What happened here?" Scott and I both asked at the same time. I smirk slightly, as we watched the destroyed town from above on a little hill.

"An earthquake," Braeden explained. My heart dropped, poor people. "It leveled the town." 

"Why is the church still standing?" I asked. 

"The locals think because of what's underneath," Braeden said. 

"Do we wanna know?" Scott asked. 

The Church was built over the ruins of an Aztec temple." She explained. "It belonged to a people called the nagual." 

Scott turned his head at the mention of that name. "Shapeshifters?" He translated. 

"Were-jaguars." Braeden corrected, turning her head towards Scott. Scott and I looked at each other for a second, before looking down at the Church. 

The wind was blowing out all the dust. "So Derek and Kate are somewhere in there?" Scott asks. 

"I don't know." Braeden told us, then looked at us."Never gotten this far before." 

Braeden walked back over to the gate, and I stood on my tippy-toes and whispered in Scott's ear; "It causes we have a true Alpha now by our side." He smirked down at me and walked off the motorbike. I, however, stayed to watch the view a little longer until someone decided to call me over. 

"Stacey, let's go," Scott calls me over, I sighed, running a hand through my hand and I turned around on one heel and walked over to where Scott and Braeden were. 

With a flashlight, as it was now dark, I'm holding the flashlight, Scott and Braeden walked beside me as we walked over to the Church. Braeden was with her gun, I had the flashlight, and Scott had his claws. Braeden cocks her gun when we turned the corner to the opening of the Church. 

Scott stared at her gun. "If you find Kate in here, what are you gonna do with her?" Scott asked slowly, I wanted to kill her, personally. 

"Bring her back to the Calaveras," Braeden told us as she started to walk again. Scott and I followed. "That's what they paid me for." 

"What happens after that?" I ask as I pointed the flashlight around. 

"Not my problem." Braeden sassed. 

"I like you." I told her, and she smirked over at me. 

"You don't care?" Scott asked. 

"Do you?" She fires back at my brother, making me grin. "She's a mass murderer."

If there's one thing about Scott that I've learned about him is that no matter how big or small, no matter what their background is, he always tried to save them and help them become a better person. One of the many things I love about him. 

"And you're a mercenary," Scott told her softly, as Braeden holds her gun in her hand. 

"Girl's gotta eat." Braeden told him, with showing no emotion. 

"If you were paid enough, would you kill her?" Scott continued on with the questions. Boy, oh boy.  

She stopped and turned to us. "If the money was good, I'd kill you and Stacey," Braeden told us and my eyes widen. She continued to walk, and I found Scott slipping his hands in mine. He gave it as squeezed my hand and I looked at him. We continued to walk after Braeden. 

Braeden pushed down a wooden floorboard that covered the entrance and we walked in. The church was dirty, the seats were still here, leaves were around, old floorboards everywhere. It was a giant mess. "Can you catch Derek's scent?" I asked Scott. 

"Yeah. Already got it." I smiled. Consider me impressed. He stopped me, and Braeden stopped as well, Scott was listening. 

"What?" Braeden snapped. 

"There's something else in here," Scott informed us, I'm not surprised. If it was Peter, I wouldn't be surprised either. That guy shows up everywhere. 

"Something like what?" I whisper, my whisper echoing. Consider me creeped out. 

"Something not human." Scott told us. Cue scary music. I notice Scott still hadn't let go of my hand, we used to hold each other's hand a lot when we were younger, but now, we hardly ever do and it's not holding someone else's hand other than Stiles'. Braeden cocked her gun again and continued to walk forward. Scott dragged me along. 

After a long time of trying to find something, we found old stairs, that had cobwebs hanging from it. I'm officially grossed out. I hate cobwebs. I flash the light down the stairs, it was covered in cobwebs! "So, how come you didn't kiss her?" Braeden asked.