Promises

"What are you doing?"Kate asked walking into the house. As of now I'm lying on my back on the floor.

"I read somewhere that laying on a flat surface helps with back pain, and then I got stuck."

"Get up."Kate held a hand out helping me up. My stomach fell to the floor when my eyes landed on Brandon. I haven't seen or heard from him since he suggested I put the twins up for adoption.

"Are you going somewhere?"I asked looking at the suitcases Kate had.

"Brandon is taking me to his cabin in Montana, where we'll spend Christmas together!"Kate grinned clinging on to Brandon.

"Oh.."I nodded honestly not caring.

"You'll be ok here by yourself right."

"Aren't I always."I answered looking at her then glancing at Brandon.

"Just checking."Kate took her luggage upstairs with her and I followed to go use the bathroom and get ready to go buy a car.

"Where are you going?"Kate asked.

"I'm gonna go buy a car."I smiled proudly."I gotta lug these babies around in something right?"

"I suppose. I would offer you money, but I had to pay rent."

"It's ok. I saved up and Mr and Mrs. Watson is letting me buy there little Saturn."

"How sweet."Kate said.

"Well bye."I said awkwardly then grabbed my purse and left out.

It only took like five minutes to walk over to the Watsons, they're a elderly couple and they're really sweet.

"You make sure you're safe."Mr Watson said closing the door as I got in.

"Thank you so much!"I smiled as I put my seatbelt on. They both waved as I pulled out of there driveway. I got a car and a little extra cash. I'm gonna go shopping--for the babies of course.

Getting home to a empty house was a little disheartening. Especially so close to the most important holiday of the year. Setting up the couch to make myself comfortable I turned on home alone watching part one, part two, and three.

BANG BANG BANG!

Jumping up I looked around seeing it was light outside and that I just slept on this couch. I thought of the possible thing Kate and Brandon could've done and felt sick.

BANG BANG BANG!

Jumping again I looked at the front door and stood up to go get it.

On the other side stood a guy who had on a hat that covered his ears and agree sweater with those Adidas track pants.

"You Aubree?"He asked with a strong New York accent.

"Um yeah?"I asked wondering if I really am Aubree.

"Sign here please."

I looked past him at a truck sitting in the drive way and another guy unloading.

"I didn't order anything."I said shaking my head.

"Yeah well we got a bunch of stuff sent for a Aubree and we got other routes, so if you'd please sign here."The man said rudely.

Grabbing the pen I signed.

"Thank you."He said walking toward the truck.

"Where do you want this stuff."The other guy said coming in with a box that had the picture of a crib on it.

"...um up the stairs and bedroom on the left I guess."

It was a bunch of stuff worth a lot of money. I could barely walk around my room, cribs, clothes, bottles, toys everything.

Pushing my hair back I noticed a envelope on my pillow, grabbing the envelope it had my name on it. Opening it I pulled out a paper.

Aubree, I just want to apologize for what I said regarding our children. I can only imagine the pain and stress you're going through. This letter pours out every thing that I am thinking regarding the four of us.
First off I would like to say I want nothing more to be in our children's lives. I want to watch them grow and be the dad I deserve to be.
Second, I promise to support them financially, so all you'll have to do is focus on school and graduating, that is the most important. Then Kate. I hate lying to her and I want nothing more but to make her happy. She'd should know and it's not fair for her not knowing the truth. I really want to make this work and build a relationship with you for the sake of our children. We're under unfortunate circumstances but the outcome will be great regardless.
Please contact me for anything you may need, my office number and cell.

Best regards,
Brandon

I read the letter over again, and after about the third time I crumpled it up throwing it across my room. I assume he's the one who purchased all this stuff. Grabbing my phone I saved the numbers Brandon left and started typing a text message.

Me:thanks 4 the stuff

Delete.

Me:I apprec.....

Delete. I couldn't even finish that one.

Id rather not text him with Kate around possibly there to pick up his phone and see it. Me being pregnant by Brandon is already gonna kill her I'd rather not have a secret texting relationship with him either. Some things are just better left unsaid.