Ashamed

After that god awful dinner, Brandon and Kate dropped me off at home. Kate didn't tell Brandon I was pregnant and I liked it that way. He already showed he wanted nothing to do with me, he did put on a good front. I think I cried all night long I should of told Brandon and then I wouldn't be going through what I am.

After work the next day, I went home to finish up the rest of my homework. Right in the middle of my homework Kate and her Brandon came in. Funny how I've never saw him before and now he's around all the freaking time!

"We come with food Aubree."Kate set a happy meal in front of me.

"You're joking right?"

"No I'm not eat up."She laughed.

I shook my head pushed the food away from me and continued with my homework.

"Hello Aubree."Brandon greeted me.

"Hi."I said not looking up from my homework. Eventually he went away and followed Kate elsewhere.

"Are you not eating?"Kate asked."I don't know about your eating habits but I don't like it."

"I ate two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and two bags of popcorn before you came."

"Oh please Aubree you're eating for three!"

"Keep it down!"I snapped shutting my book."Go ahead and announce it to the world."

"It's just Brandon."Kate said.

"Well I don't know him."I explained.

"It's not like he cares Aubree."

"Well I care Kathryn."

"Brandon!"

Brandon came around the corner fast."What's up?"

"My little sister is pregnant, with twins."Kate smiled.

Brandon looked at me and smiled."Congrats, hey my grandmother is a twin."He said.

"See."Kate said.

I sat there stunned and betrayed that she would do this."I hate you!"I screamed and ran up to my room. Slamming my door and locking it.

What bothered me the most is that Brandon didn't react, he still doesn't know I'm pregnant by him.

What a idiot.

----
One month later

It's been a month and boy oh boy I'm huge! I have my doctors appointment today and I get to find out the genders. Something I had to miss school for.

"Ok Miss Aubree. Shirt up."My doctor said.

I lift my shirt showing my round belly. My doctor applied the cold jelly on my stomach, then started gliding the 'wand' on my stomach.

"Oh look there you are."She said."You wanna know the sex for A?"

I nodded.

"It's a boy."She said."There's B."She focused in."Its a girl."

"Is that normal?"I asked. Staring at the monitor.

"It is."My Doctor laughed.

"I'm gonna be having a boy and girl."

"You are."

It felt weird almost cliché I expected them to both me boys how much they kicked and moved around, little busy bodies.

"I'm stunned."I laughed sitting up.

"No need to be stunned."She laughed.

I definitely didn't expect those results. After my appointment I went home busting in on Kate and Brandon making out on the couch.

"What are you doing here?"Kate asked.

"I had a doctors appointment."I told her."Don't let me interrupt."

"Wait Aubree, did you find out what you're having?"Kate asked.

"Boy and a girl."I smiled.

"Yay."Kate said sarcastically.

Rolling my eyes I went to my room staring at the pictures of my daughter and son. I got goosebumps even thinking that I'm gonna have a baby girl and baby boy.

I pinned the sonogram on my wall next to the others.

When I went to school in the morning, I went to my classes to get my homework for yesterday.

"Where were you yesterday?"Amelia asked.

I shut my locker."I had a doctors appointment."I told her.

"Aubree tell me the truth, I can see your face getting fat and you keep wearing these huge sweaters. Are you pregnant?"She whispered the last part.

Here goes nothing.

"I am."I said.

"Why did you lie?"She asked.

"Amelia your parents are strict and those happy church goers, they would ban you from being my friend."

"They would understand."

"I just don't want to be judged. If I tell you something can you promise you won't tell anyone?"I asked Amelia.

I wanted to tell her the guy who got me pregnant is 25 but I couldn't speak. It wouldn't come out.

"...I'm having a boy and a girl."I said instead.

Amelia gave me a soft smile."You're having twins oh boy...and girl."

"I know it's still crazy to think about."

"I'm glad you told me."Amelia said.

Apart of me was glad I told her to the other part just knew that it was a bad idea.