Chapter 22

We had to stay at the hospital for two days, so that the doctors could help me to cope as well as possible. Then, Peeta drove us home to our house in the Victor's Village. We spent the first day just cuddling in the couch. Peeta made us some dinner and I fed Ivy again. We went to sleep early, we were all tired. Ivy's crib is in our bedroom now, we want her to sleep there during the first months, so that both she and us can feel more relaxed. I would feel very anxious if she was sleeping in another room when she is newborn, and she would feel lonely and abandoned. I take a shower while Peeta puts Ivy to bed, and then he goes for a shower too.

"I love you." Peeta says and puts his arms around my waist. He is still wet and I am just wearing a thin nightgown. When I turn around, I see that he is naked.

"Whoa! What...?" I say, not knowing how to continue. Peeta chuckles.

"What? I thought I would sleep naked tonight." he says with a smirk and winks at me. Then he lets go of me and lays down on the bed, pulling the sheets up to his chin.

"Goodnight." he says and closes his eyes. He doesn't stop smiling though.

"Who said you could let go of me?" I say, walking to the bed and kneeling over him, my face inches from his. He opens his eyes.

"Nobody, I guess. But I'm tired." he says and closes his eyes again. He is still smiling. I know he is just messing with me. So I play along. I throw my nightgown to the floor and lay down beside him, not facing him. I hope Ivy is fast asleep. After about a minute, Peeta gives in.

"Alright, you win!" he says, turning around and putting his arms around my waist again. I don't move, but smile. I always win these things. When I don't respond to his touch, he starts kissing my neck. I can't hold in a moan.

"Uhhhh...." I moan and he chuckles. I turn around and start kissing him. I love how his lips feel against mine. Warm and soft and... somehow safe. Like nothing could hurt me now. I remember how his lips felt in the cave, he had a high fever so they were much hotter. I push the thought away, I want to live now, not twenty years ago. I start kissing him harder, and push my tongue inside his mouth. Now it is his turn to moan. After that, I'm oblivious to everything that isn't Peeta.

Okay, I have to admit, I wasn't totally oblivious to everything else. I mean, I just can't leave our daughter crying in her crib while making love to my husband. I love her just as much as him. But in a more protective way. So I had to get up to soothe her and put her to bed. We didn't go on after that, we were too tired.

I am now lying on the bed, too sleepy to get up. Peeta has, and I can hear him dressing Ivy in the closet. I know that because he is talking to her with a cute voice.

"Yes, honey, we're going to put this on, and then you'll be free to go." he says. I laugh a little. Peeta comes in with Ivy.

"Hey." He says, rocking Ivy back and forth to keep her satisfied.

"Heeey..." I say slowly. I really don't feel like getting up. I gave birth just three days ago, so I think I've deserved a day in bed. Peeta comes to the bed and I manage to sit up, though my body screams in protest. I do it anyway, because my mind is screaming for Ivy. Peeta hands her to me, and I hold her gently in my arms. He sits down beside me and puts his arm aound my shoulders. I rest my head on his shoulder and we stay in this position for a while.

"I have the best family in the whole world." I say, my voice still sleepy.

"I have too." Peeta says. We both laugh.

"I love you so much." I say to him, I feel worried that I haven't reminded him in a while.

"I know you do. And I love you too. I would say that I love you more, but that seems rude, so I don't." he says and smirks.

"Yeah, it is rude. No one could ever love anyone as much as I love you." I say.

"Haha, you're gonna regret that." he says and kisses me with passion. I am just about to forget about Ivy, this moment is so perfect, but I don't. Peeta's kisses can make me forget alot of things, but not my daughter. When the kiss gets deeper, I break away.

"Okay, you win." I say, giving up. In love declarations, Peeta wins almost every time.

"I knew I was gonna win." he says with a triumphant voice. Then he gets up and starts walking out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I ask, trying to get up too but give up when I feel too lazy to do that. I realise that I am still naked, my gown still laying on the floor.

"To make my wonderful, beautiful wife whom I love with all my heart some breakfast." he says, smiling from ear to ear. I look at him with a flattered expression.

"Oh, please. I'm not all that." I joke and pretend to blush. I put my hand over my mouth and start giggling nervously. I love joking with Peeta. He has alot of humor, and understands sarcasm.

"Oh, you are, my love, and I can't wait to feel the touch of your lips again. But before that, I'm gonna make your stomach satisfied." I start laughing really hard. There went my acting. He starts laughing too, blows a kiss to me, and then walks downstairs. Oh, I love him so much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for not making this as long as I normally make my chapters, but I would want to do something else now than just be on the computer since school starts in a week and all that... I'll update less when it starts, but don't worry, I will still be working on it. I am so grateful for all your feedback and I appreciate every word! Thank you for the votes and fans, they mean alot to me and keep me going! Since you are reading this, would you mind pressing the 'vote' button? It's just one simple press, and then you give me alot of joy. :)))

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!! :)) <333