Chapter 14

When we are about to enter the train, we notice that a lot of people are staring at us. I think this is the first time that they are seeing that Katniss and Peeta Mellark are expecting a child. I even see some woman take a picture of us, holding hands and stepping into the train car. I feel a little embarassed and Peeta seems to notice, so he tries to cover me with his body. It works quite well, and when we finally have taken our seats I feel relieved to be on our way. Our suitcases are on large shelves above us and we are just sitting there opposite to each other, looking into each other's eyes. When we were in Four last time, I noticed that the colour of the sea was almost identical to the colour of Peeta's eyes. I wonder if the significance has changed. To me, Peeta's eyes are still the exact shade of blue as they were when we were sixteen. I wonder if my eye color has changed. We break our eye contact when a woman comes rolling on a trolley, asking if we would like to buy something to eat. We decline, and then she realises who we are. Her eyes widen and her gaze slides down to my expanded belly.

"Are you pregnant?" the woman asks. I'm positive she knows who we are.

"Yes, I am." I say, and I see Peeta smiling.

"Oh. How far are you?" she asks, now getting curious.

"Seven months. I'm getting big now." I say, laughing a little. Peeta takes my hand.

"Oh, yes, well, good luck, Mr. and Mrs. Mellark." she says, waving her hand a little and then rolling the trolley furthermore.

"We can't even leave the Victor's Village without being stared at, can we?" I say, squeezing Peeta's hand once.

"Guess not." Peeta says, and laughs a little. "But it's worth it. It's definately worth it. If we weren't famous, the Games would still be and we would probably not be together. If you would have gotten married, you would've married Gale and I would be spending the days only thinking about you." he says, and I see a small tear escaping from his eye. I quickly get up from my chair and sit on Peeta's lap. I stroke his cheek and wipe the tear away. I kiss the place where the tear had been and place my forehead on his.

"But that wouldn't have happened, Peeta. This was meant to be. You and me were meant to be together, and it couldn't have gone any other way. Destiny sorted things out in advance, arrainging everything so that we would end up together. This was meant to be." I say, and he stops crying. I break the little distance we have between each other and kiss him softly on the lips. We kiss for a while, he buries his hands in my hair and I bury mu fingers in his. We break away when we hear a "Awww!" We look to the direction from where the sound came and we see a woman, maybe in her mid-twenties, looking at us with twinkling eyes. When she understands that she interrupted us her smile fades.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, you can continue, I should go." she says. She is dressed in Capitol-fashioned clothes and her accent tells us that she is brought up by Capitol people.

"No, you don't have to go. Why are you here?" I ask her and try not to sound unfriendly.

"Uhh... umm... I'm on a tour around Panem, my parents wanted me to get to know the Districts. I was looking forward to going to District Twelve, though, I've seen replays of the Games, and I think they're horrible. I can't believe how our parents could bear to watch them and actually enjoy them. But you two were my favourite victors. I liked your defiance against the regime, and your undieing love for each other, it was so cute!" she says, her eyes twinkling again. I decide that I don't hate her. She said that she hated what they did to us, although she is brought up by Capitol people. Then I remember the last part and I say, with guilt in my voice:

"It wasn't real then, it was all an act, our love, or so I thought. Afterwards, I have realised how much I loved him from the very beginning." I say, and kiss Peeta again.

"What! You were just pretending? I thought Peeta's love declaration looked so real!" she says with a squeaky voice. I wonder why almost all Capitol people have squeaky voices.

"Well, I didn't act at all, my love for her was never fake." Peeta says and kisses me. I see that the girl's eyes start twinkling again. She must love love stories.

"Awww! I knew it! That's so cute! Thanks for telling me this, I really apprecia..." she stops when she sees my tummy. For a while, she just stares. Then, she says with a faint voice:

"Are... you...pregnant?"

"Yeah, I am. With a baby girl." I say and kiss Peeta again. We have a lot to kiss about right now, but I'm only happy for it.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" the Capitol girl screams. I get a little startled first so I hug Peeta tighter. He puts his hands on my ears until the girl has stopped screaming, and then he takes them off.

"Yessss! YesyesyesyesYES! I think you were TOO CUTE, so I wondered when you would have children, and now it's finally happening! What are you thinking of naming her?" she asks. I'm still a little shocked by her scream so it takes a while for me to answer.

"Ummm... me and Peeta decided to give her a name when she is born, so we can look at her and see what should suit her." Peeta kisses my neck. I shiver. The girl 'aww's a little more and then when she has calmed down, she says:

"Hey, I happen to know the person that is in charge for this train ride, and he said that there was still a couple of vacant rooms, so if you would like one, I'm sure I would get it for you!" she says, and me and Peeta exchange looks.

"That would be nice." Peeta says and winks at me. I smile.

"If that's okay for you." I say, and the girl giggles and runs down the hall. When she comes back, she has a small silver key in her hand. She hands it to Peeta.

"Thank you. We really appreciate this." Peeta says and I nod.

"You're welcome. Well, I guess I should be going then." the girl says and before she is out of earshot, I shout:

"What's your name?"

"It's Ayla! Ayla Liners!" she shouts back and waves once. I smile.

"Well, should we go to our room then? There's still about four hours before we get to District Four, so we have plenty of time to do what you want." Peeta says and comes closer.

"Or to do what you want. But I guess that's the same thing." I say and giggle. I haven't done that in a while. Peeta grabs the suitcases in his right hand and my hand in his left. Though they are heavy, they are no problem for him. He's got a lot of muscle. When we get to room number nine, we unlock the door and go inside. It's a simple room with a dining set, a TV and a bathroom, and last but not least, a huge bed in the middle. We instantly close the door and get onto it. I put my legs around Peeta's middle-section and he grabs my neck, starting to kiss me. We do the same things as we did this morning, I even take Peeta's hands and place them on my belly. She's kicking like crazy now, I bet she knows what's happening. Then, without warning, Peeta slowly takes off my shirt...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOT DOT DOT! haha sorry I had to do that! XD