nine

the rest of the day seemed to go painfully slow for Felicity. she was majorly regretting over reacting after her and Luke’s disagreement this morning, but he was just so confusing and frustrating that she couldn’t help herself.

the bell indicating the end of the school day rang just as everyone started scurrying out of the girl’s changing rooms after their p.e lesson. Felicity tugged at the hairband that had been holding her hair up throughout the game of volleyball and smoothed her hair out the best she could by running her fingers through it. she sighed as she walked over to the mirrors where she found Holly re applying her make up.

“I’m gonna head home, Holls. I have way too much homework to get done this week to hang around waiting for you to do your makeup.” Holly laughed slightly in response, knowing it was all too true.

“alright, girl. see you in the morning” Holly called after Felicity as she picked up her backpack before shouting back a ‘see you!’ and leaving the changing rooms.

 Felicity began her walk home, absent mindingly pulling out her phone and scrolling through her twitter feed. she had barely gotten out of the school gates when she collided with a body, causing her to drop her phone in surprise.

she quickly picked it up and went to apologise for being so careless and not looking where she was going, but words seemed to fail her as she found Alexa stood infront of her, a rather unimpressed look on her face.

“Felicity Matthews.” Alexa smirked. “how are you, babe? haven’t seen you since the party! such a great night, wasn’t it? where did you get to in the end?”

the bitchiness and sarcasm were both clear in her tone and Felicity debated whether she should just continue walking home, but before she even had the chance to decide, the situation just got worse.

“oh, Luke! we were just talking about you.”

Felicity turned her head and was almost in disbelief when she saw Luke approaching the two of them.

Luke furrowed his eyebrows as he came to a halt next to the two girls.

“why?”

“Felicity was just telling me about where the two of you got off to after my party. I mean, one minute we were having a great time, the next I see the two of you leaving together? Like, what happened, guys?” Alexa smirked, clearly amused by the whole situation.

Luke sighed. “Lex, stop.”

“don’t you ‘Lex’ me, Luke. do the two of you not have any manners? it was extremely rude of the two of you to just leave my party without even saying goodbye."

“hostess? Luke scoffed. “Alexa, you spiked her drink!”

“oh as if you’re any better, Luke! The only reason you took her back to your flat was cus you were hoping she’d let you fuck her. I would’ve loved to have seen the look on your face when she told you what a prude little virgin she is.” Alexa scoffed.

Felicity stood there in a state of shock, not believing that this conversation was actually happening. it wasn't like it hadn't happened before, but she wasn't expecing it to happen after such a short period of time of knowing these people. the words coming out of Alexa’s mouth were completely baffling to Felicity and it was quite clearly apparent that she was not doing a good job of hiding this as Alexa spoke up again.

“oh, honey, no one thinks it’s a wedding ring.” She spoke, her gaze going down to the band around Felicity’s ring finger on her left hand.

when she felt the tears in her eyes threatening to spill, she nervously clasped her right hand over her left before looking up at Luke, silently hoping he’d say something in defence of her. but after a few moments, it was clear he wasn’t going to as he stared at Felicity with a complete blank expression on her face. Maybe he was feeling some kind of emotion, but Felicity couldn’t tell.

“I didn’t take her back to my flat so that I could fuck her.” Luke mumbled, making Felicity cringe at his words.

“yeah, of course you didn’t. You know, Luke, you could at least have the decency to admit to the poor gi-“

“for fuck’s sake will you just shut the fuck up, Alexa!” Luke yelled, becoming angry. “I did not take her back to my flat with the intention of having sex with her and I don’t give a fuck whether you believe me or not.” Luke snapped. without even looking at Felicity again, he walked away, needing to get himself as far away as he could from the two girls that were currently completely messing up his head.

_

Felicity had been knelt on the ground next to Alec’s grave for around half an hour before it started to pour down with rain. It wasn’t till a loud clap of thunder snapped her out of her trance. she stood up, brushing off her jeans before deciding she should head home before her parents began to get worried.

she was somewhat grateful for the fact that it was still absolutely pouring down with rain as it disguised her tears and made her feel slightly less pathetic.

her heart broke when she thought about how when she used to be sad, she'd just go and talk to Alec and instantly feel at least a bit better. but she couldn't do that anymore and had resorted to going to the grave yard in hope of making her feel better, but it wasn't the same.

Felicity couldn't see how things were ever going to be the same.

a car on the road adjacent to the path Felicity was walking on beeped their horn and began to slow down, cauing her to start walking faster. but when she heard her name called, she warily looked over to the car and was somewhat relieved when she saw Calum looking out of the half wound down window.

“what’re you doing out in this weather?!” he exclaimed, appearing to be genuinely concerned.

Felicity opened her mouth to try and explain to him what had happened, but a sob escaped the back of her throat, so she decided against it. her bottom lip trembled and she simply shook her head.

Calum stopped the car before getting out and walking over to the girl who was completely soaked from head to toe. he immediately wrapped his arms around her and ran his hands up and down her bare arms in attempt to warm her up.

he noticed her teeth begin to chatter so he unzipped his hoodie and wrapped it around her body before helping her put her arms into the long sleeves that were way too long for her. he zipped the zipper up all the way to the top and bought the hood up over her head before engulfing her in another hug.

still sobbing, Felicity tried to pull out of his grasp, but Calum was having none of it. he tightened his grip around her, mumbling ‘shh’s’ in her ear in attempt to calm her down. eventually Felicity’s breathing returned to normal and Calum pulled away.

“come here, love. let’s get you warmed up.” he said, reaching out his hand for her to take.

and after little deliberation, she took it.

he walked her over to the passenger side of the car and opened the door, waiting for Felicity to settle into the seat before closing the door.

after Calum’s many failed attempts to get Felicity to open up to her, he finally gave it and drove her home, where she spent the night tossing and turning in her bed, that all too familiar feeling of dreading the next day being more prominent than ever. 

*

a/n- i'm so unhappy with this chapter and will probably re write it at some point but it's whatever I hope it's not too bad and if you're kind of confused about some things hopefully you won't be for too long bc the story is going to start to come together soon omg i promise

also thank you so so much for 57k+ reads that's so crazy and thank you to everyone who has commented and voted etc i really really appreciate it ♡