seven

Luke breathed a sigh of relief as he approached the flat complex, ringing the buzzer to the flat he shared with his older brother, Jack.

he looked down at the now passed out, drunken girl that was still in his arms after having carried her the majority of the way home.

after a few minutes, the door still hadn’t clicked open so Luke furiously pressed the button, slowly getting more and more agitated.

no more than a few seconds later, Luke heard a click and happily pushed the door open.

he softly kicked the door shut behind him with his foot, careful not to wake his fellow residents who would be sure to quick up a fuss if he did.

he walked down a couple of corridors till he came to the door of where he had temporarily been staying. He knew this was going to be a struggle to explain to Jack, but after the incident at the party, he felt the need to look after Felicity after seeing her in such a state. he just wanted to make sure she was safe and okay and to be there when she woke up in the morning.

but he worried this wasn’t how Jack was going to see it. Luke was sure he was going to automatically assume that he was just bringing back another girl to have a one night stand with and then never speak to her again. and with the amount of times he had done this before, well, Luke really couldn’t blame him if he were to jump to that conclusion.

the door was left slightly ajar and a door was slammed shut causing Luke to breathe a sigh of relief as he realised he wouldn’t have to explain himself to Jack tonight.

he turned the lock on the door before heading to his bedroom.

thankful that the door was open, he carefully carried Felicity over to the corner of his room where his bed was.

he kicked the duvet back before carefully slipping her into the bed,

he slipped her heels off of her feet and placed them down onto the floor at the bottom of the bed, his eyebrows furrowing as he noticed just how big the heels were. he began to wonder why she had bothered wearing them when she was already so tall, but his thoughts were interrupted by the noise coming from Felicity.

he rolled her over onto her side, something he knew was important to do when someone had drank too much.

her eyes fluttered open and Luke crouched down next to the bed. he bought his hand up to her face and brushed her hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. incoherent mumbles continued to leave her mouth as she drowsily blinked a few times before closing her eyes altogether again.

Luke watched her for a little longer before he was sure she was asleep. he walked over to his bin and picked it up then walked back over to his bed and placed it on his bedside table.

he quickly jogged to the kitchen and grabbed a glass out of the cupboard before filling it up with cold water from the tap.

he, as quietly as he could, walked back to his room and placed the glass next to the bin on his bedside table.

Felicity’s plump lips were parted slightly as quiet breaths left her mouth, and Luke couldn’t help but want to reach down and kiss them.

but, he didn’t.

he could never even imagine taking advantage of this girl. he felt his heart flutter a bit as he took in how innocent she looked fast asleep, wrapped up in his duvet.

much more innocent than any girl Luke had ever had in his bed before.

instead, he reached down and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before grabbing a pillow from the other side of the bed and heading for an uncomfortable night’s sleep on the sofa.