four

Felicity's p.o.v

as first days go, today was going pretty well. the morning hadn't gone on for too long and it was now lunch.

I had made a few friends in my first class, one of them being Holly whom I was sat with in the canteen right now. I had been sat at an empty desk at the back of the classroom in Maths when a petite blonde practically skipped on over to me, gushing over my bright pink nails. at first I was a bit skeptical of her, but four hours later here we were, sat at a table in the corner of the cateen whilst she was telling me about literally everyone in the room.

"so did you speak to anyone in your form?" she said, taking a swig from her bottle of diet coke.

"um, not really. there was just this one guy.." I trailed off, unsure about what to say about Luke, if anything.

"was he nice?" Holly questioned, pursing her lips and wiggling her eyebrows ever so slightly.

I laughed, her face lighting up.

"what was his name?" 

"Luke." her face imediately dropped.

"Luke? as in blonde hair, blue eyed, captain of the basketball team, basically 10 ft tall Luke Hemmings?"

"I don't know his last name but that sounds pretty spot on." I comfirmed. Holly rolled her eyes.

"what?" I questioned, intrigued with what the deal with him was. 

"what did he say to you?"

"not a lot, really. he just sort of introduced himself and stuff." I shrugged, secretly a litte gutted that my expectations of this boy had just been proved true.

"speak of the devil." Holly said, looking to the left as Luke walked into the canteen, closely followed by three other guys. 

"so what's up with him?" I asked, my gaze returning to Holly.

"trust me, Felicity, you want nothing to do with him. sure, he's hot, but do not fall for his charm." I laughed at the cringeness of what she had just said.

"what do you mean?"

"he's the typical high school bad boy, Felicity. he's slept with pretty much every girl willing to within a 10 mile radius. he's always sneaking behind the sheds with his stupid little followers smoking god knows what, and don't even get me started on how fucking irritating he is in Chemistry, he's constantly making snide remarks about anything and everything, and that's when he even bothers to show up, ugh, you'll find out soo-"

"wait a minute, are you trying to tell me he's our age?" I asked, in shock. there was no way this kid was 16 like us, and even if he was one of the eldest in the year that would only make him 17, barely.

"no, he's 18. he should be in the year ahead but they were all starting their exams and there was a lot of drama with him... ugh, Felicity, just stay away from him. it doen't matter how god damn hot he is. believe me, you do not want to be another notch in his belt..." she mumbled the last part, trailing off as she glanced down to my left hand which was resting on the table.

I followed her gaze as she met my eyes once again, and softly smiled, giving her an indicator that what she was thinking was right.

however, she went on to ask. "Is that..."

"you can say it, you know." I laughed slightly, attempting to relieve some of the tension I felt builiding up between us. Holly was the first person I had met in years that actually seemed to want to give me a chance to have a friendship with and I didn't want to ruin that already.

"a purity ring. It's a purity ring." I comfirmed, awaiting her response whilst she sat there in silence for what felt like ages but could've only actually been a matter of seconds.

"that's cute."she finally spoke and I let out a slight chuckle.

"cute?" I questioned.

"well, you know, I don't know. I think it's good that you don't want to give yourself to just anyone. It's sorta cute. I kind of wish I had of waited a bit longer, you know, till I found someone I reall-" the bell cut Holly off and she simply got up and started going on about what colour nails she thought she should get done at the nail salon tonight.

and that was the first moment in a long time that I finally just stopped and thought; maybe the rest of my teenage years weren't going to be so bad after all.