one

Luke Hemmings was the school's bad boy. he was always pulling stunts, but with a smile like his, he could get away with almost anything.

standing at 6"4', it was no suprise that he was the school's basketball team captain. at games the bleachers would be occupied by embarassing amounts of teenage girls hoping to catch a glimpse of the sweaty boy, perhaps getting a peak under his top if he were to get too hot. 

with his electric blue eyes, a dimple so deep you could probably swim in it and of course, the lip ring, everyone was a little bit infatuated with him, whether they admitted to it or not. girls wanted to date him, guys wanted to be him.

he knew he was hot, but when you're that hot, of course you're going to know it. he liked all the attention he got from everyone, especially the hot girls that were pratically gagging for him. he was a teenage boy, after all, and it was hard for him not to take advantage of this. 

so naturally, when his best friend Calum informed him of the 'new hot chick' that he had just ran into in the hallways, he was intrigued to find out more. 

the bell rang and following Calum, Luke and their two friends Jake and Connor strolled out of the classroom and into the hallway where they saw the girl Calum has informed them about.

her chocolate coloured hair which was curled into loose ringlets cascaded down her shoulders, framing her face. her equally as dark brown eyes were focused directly in front of her as she fumbled papers between her locker and her bag which was slung on her right shoulder. 

Calum was right, she was hot, Luke thought.

"so, who has dibbs on her?" Connor asked, raising his eyebrows at the three boys.

"I saw her first!" Calum interjected, but Luke was having none of it.

"dude, she'd choose me over you any day." Luke scoffed, his gaze going back to Calum.

"wanna bet?" Calum said, looking rather smug.

"god, no, not after last time." Luke simply scoffed, shaking his head before looking back over to the girl who was now looking in his direction.

they caught eyes and as soon as Luke noticed her staring at him, he dropped his right eye into a wink before taking his lip ring between his teeth, looking the girl up and down.

as his eyes reached her face again, he noticed her unnaturally pink lips form a frown before she turned back around, shutting her locker door before walking away, Luke's gaze not leaving her till she was out of sight.

"huh, yeah sure looks like she'd choose you over Cal doesn't it." Jake spoke as he began to roll out his cigarette.

"she would, of course she would." Luke spoke will full convidence as they walked out of the builiding, knowing that this was the first of many conversations the boys were going to have about this girl.