Chapter 16

"Laura go get you father. He's down in the basement, tied up, and Liam will be there," Zayn said.

"Why only me?" I asked.

"Liam will most likely go easy on you. Plus, there's a high chance that if all three of us go down there and start a huge comotion, Niall will blow up the place or escape," Louis replied.

"We'll meet back here, at the bar," Zayn said, rushing the words out of his mouth and jogged up the stairs.

Louis was about to follow him, but I gently grabbed his wrist and pulled him a little towards me. He looked at his wrist then at me.

"Be safe," I whispered.

"You too," he smiled.

I walked down into the dirty basement. With every step I took, the steps creaked and you could hear the rhythm of water, dropping from the pipes above. In the middle of the room was a small light hanging by itself and under it was...

"Dad?" I asked.

The man tied up in the chair slowly moved his head up. Dried blood laid on his torn up suit and his face was beaten up so bad I couldn't even tell that he was my dad.

"Laura?" He groaned back.

I ran up to him, tears in my eyes, and hugged him tightly. He let out another painful groan and breathed a little faster.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I started to untie his ankles.

"Yeah. If you look past my beaten up face and the fact I have a broken rib, I'm perfectly fine," he said, trying to make a joke.

I shook my head and let out a chuckle as I struggled untying the knots. "Whoever tied this had to be in boy scouts or something," I whined.

"Laura!" My dad yelled.

Before I could react, someone grabbed my hair and pulled me away from the rope. I held the person's hand as he threw me across the room. I hit the brick wall and slowly picked my head up to see who attacked me.

Liam.

"You know it's not very nice to do something you're not supposed to," he grinned and narrowed his eyes.

I frowned and threw a knife at him in reply. It slowly cut his cheek and hit the wall behind him. He cracked his neck and moved his jaw as blood slowly came out of the fresh wound.

"You got two options. Leave or I can kill you," he warned.

"Neither," I replied.

"Then this is going to be fun," he smirked.

He ran towards me. Before he could grab me again, I picked up my feet and slammed them against his chest. He fell to the ground as I got on top of him and punched him in the face. He grabbed my hair and pulled on it. I cried out and stuck my thumbs in his eyes sockets and slowly pressed into them.

"Ow!" He yelled and punched me in the face.

I pulled out a knife and tried to stab him, but he grabbed my wrist. I was in anger and made an aggravated type of sound. He pushed my face away and in one swift motion, I moved his arm and tried to stab him again.

"Get him Laura!" My dad cheered.

Liam got on top and head butted me as he took the knife out of my hand. He pinned me against the ground as I moaned in pain.

"You know, I like activities that are a little less dangerous, that involve you laying on your back," he grinned.

"Don't talk to her like that!" My father screamed as Liam gave him a nasty look.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why what?" He sneered.

"Why are you with Niall?"

"Didn't your boyfriend already explain that to you?!" He said angrily.

"This never was about Niall being a threat was it?!"

He turned his head as he grazed the knife against my cheek and outlined my jaw.

"Laura...I love you."

"Yeah right! What kind of manipulation is this?!" I laughed.

"Think about it! Why do you think I did the things I did!" He shouted.

"Because you're an idiot."

"Laura I do. I being truthful to you. I'll swear on my own grave," he started as tears started to form in his eyes.

"I didn't think that it'd lead up to this," he pouted.

He dropped the knife to side and hung his head low, sitting up. I turned my head in disbelief as I slowly sat up, just in case this was some kind of trick but...

This is the real Liam.

"I don't know how to express my feelings. I don't even know how to to tie my own shoes! But one thing I do know, is that... I love you," he raised his head and smiled.

Those three words.

Eight letters.

It's surprising what it can do to you.

"Laura... Do you love him back?" My dad chirped in.

I gave him a small shrug in reply and he nodded.

"Liam, those are very big words to say. I truly believe you're not being genuine with them and Laura knows that as well..." My dad stated.

Liam's head faced the ground once again as I looked at him, but my dad wasn't finished...

"But, I believe that you do have feelings for my daughter. Now there's a long list of things that I don't like about you, but I'm sure that I can except you as long as you make Laura happy...If you two start dating," he smiled.

"Thank y-" Liam started, but was pinned to the ground.

Author's Note: JUST TWO MORE CHAPTERS LEFT UNTIL THE NEXT BOOK!